Author Topic: Cold turkeyed, can't stop drinking getting ill  (Read 267 times)

[Buddie]

Cold turkeyed, can't stop drinking getting ill
« on: May 20, 2022, 02:02:43 pm »
Getting benzos is nearly immpossable no doctor wants to prescribe or taper me off properly. I was at 2mg Klonopin daily prescribed by a psych for 3 years. Taper myself to 10mgs and than got cold turkeyed... I also have an issue with drinking especially since the CT. I asked for naltrexone to stop the cravings hospital wouldn't prescribe it .. but I can't bring myself to a walk-in clinic to get it because the derealisation and depersonalization and anxiety etc all the terrible symptoms of feeling like ur losing it are to much ... So I end up not being able to get to doctors and I've called the ambulance tons of times... Currently at the hospital again.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Cold turkeyed, can't stop drinking getting ill
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 10:46:14 pm »
How long ago did you cold turkey? Have you always drank or are you only drinking since you quit cold turkey, are you drinking every day?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.