Stomach problems for over a year

[51...]

[51...]

Stomach has been wrecked for an entire year. Ive only eaten 2 sandwhiches a day for over a year now. Starting to think its trying to give me stomach cancer or already has. i cant eat any kind of fruits or take vitamins after about a week i start having crazy horrible dizzy spells with panic attacks then i discontinue vitamins or fruits and the problems go away. i quit using cannabis for around a year and started back as it helped more than it hurt. now i just dont know what to do anymore as i am thinking maybe i cannot heal this way.

2014 prescribed 0.5 mg clonazepam for panic attacks after my mom passed... took 0.5 mg daily as instructed on the bottle

Feb 2019 jumped CT also same time CT alcohol and cigarettes 

Its such a weird and frustrating thing ive come so far and yet this stomach stuff wont let go of me. 

It sounds like you could be missing out on a lot of valuable nutrients provided in a variety of food sources, this doesn't bode well for keeping your body healthy while recovering from your benzo use.  Have you had all of the tests pertinent to your distress, you've seen your doctor, right?

I understand supplements can cause reactions for many of our members but its important to eat as healthy as you can and two sandwiches a day isn't giving you what you need.  Are you keeping a food diary so you can know exactly what causes you problems?  I hope you'll try more foods, I understand it's painful but you could be exacerbating your problem by limiting your diet so drastically.

This speaks to me so much. I was a whole food plant based foodie nut before this nightmare. Now I haven't cooked a single thing in my kitchen in almost a year. It's so so sad. In a cruel twist of fate, fruits and veggies are the worst for me. I look like a pregnant whale when I eat those foods. When I eat crackers or bread...I look like a less pregnant whale. But I also feel like shit when I'm not eating right...so I alternate between being a hero and eating fruits and veggies until I can't stand it anymore...then I take a few days and eat super easy stuff...crackers, etc. ALSO in cruel twist of fate...Despite eating about 1/3 of what I used to....I am up almost 20 pounds in this year. None of my clothes fit. And I'm a television news anchor so its even worse because I have nothing to wear and feel SO uncomfortable in what I do wear. And its 0% better than it was...again...almost a YEAR ago. July is when my stomach symptoms started. I've been completely clear of the xanax almost 8 months. Now I'm getting panic compounded with the discomfort because I feel like there should be SOME progress and there's none. I am dont do well with blind faith and yet that's all we have at this point. Even though I have no facts that would show me this will get better....everyone says this will get better. I would have been 100% healed months ago except for some tinnitus if it weren't for this stomach BS. it's just so sad. I'll allow myself to throw fits and cry until I fall asleep some days. But it doesn't help. Nothing does. Within moments of waking up eveeerryy morning it hits me...I think...oh yeah... this is my life. I look forward to sleeping more than ever before because it's a few hours I get to forget and just be normal. The only word I can come up with is sad. This thing is torturing me every minute of the day and I don't know why. I've surrendered everything to try to get better. There's nothing left to Do. It's the most helpless feeling in the world. Im positive this post didn't make you feel better....the same way reading your story didn't make me feel better...but it is slightly less lonely I suppose. I don't know where in the world you are but know that there is someone right now thinking of you

Murphy48, I can relate!  I am eight months post from alprazolam and having the same issues.  I put 20 lbs on and suffer from edema.  I am juicing vegetables and some fruit and nothing seems to help.

Right now my worst symptom is edema in hands, feet and abdomen.

I have to believe at some point we will turn a corner and things will get better.  This drug is so evil…