Today I threw away 200 Xanax Pills 💊

[Gi...]

Hi buddies.  After a 2 1/2 year taper I finally took my last crumb of Xanax 3 weeks ago.  My new dr will not prescribe for me but I still had 2 full bottles left.  I decided that I didn’t want them in the house so they went out with the trash today.  Good riddance! 

I’ve so appreciated all the encouragement here.  Thank you everyone!

Good idea to get those benzos out of our possession Gitfiddle!  On one of the many sleepless nights I had after I had tapered off I started fantasizing about those leftover benzos in my cupboard.  I didn't take any of them (thank goodness!) and the next day I got rid of them.  I didn't want benzos to be an easy option!!

Kate, Exactly!  I’m pretty sure I’ll have a panic attack again sometime and I might be tempted to use it in an emergency.    But as miserable as panic attacks can be, they always pass on heir own. 

Good for you Gitfiddle-51, I can't tell you how many members have taken that rescue dose after being benzo free and have regretted it, better safe than sorry!  :thumbsup:

Thanks Pamster. That’s exactly what worried me.  Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and had some anxiety when I remembered what I’d done.  But the cool thing was that I told myself I didn’t need it and went right back to sleep. There’s something empowering about burning that bridge! Lol!  I got along without it before I started taking it and I’ll get along without it now.

Fantastic you went back to sleep!  I had to laugh when I saw your subject title saying you threw away 200 pills, I was thinking how many addicts would be aghast at the thought of doing that.  :laugh: