Author Topic: Today I threw away 200 Xanax Pills 💊  (Read 246 times)

[Buddie]

Today I threw away 200 Xanax Pills 💊
« on: May 19, 2022, 01:42:33 am »
Hi buddies.  After a 2 1/2 year taper I finally took my last crumb of Xanax 3 weeks ago.   My new dr will not prescribe for me but I still had 2 full bottles left.  I decided that I didnít want them in the house so they went out with the trash today.  Good riddance!   

Iíve so appreciated all the encouragement here.  Thank you everyone!

« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 01:48:12 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Today I threw away 200 Xanax Pills 💊
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 03:50:04 am »
Wow.  Congratulations for your resolve!
And for getting through your taper! 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 04:00:31 am »
Thank you [...]. And congratulations on all of your successes! Weíll done!

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 09:57:22 am »
Good idea to get those benzos out of our possession Gitfiddle!  On one of the many sleepless nights I had after I had tapered off I started fantasizing about those leftover benzos in my cupboard.  I didn't take any of them (thank goodness!) and the next day I got rid of them.  I didn't want benzos to be an easy option!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 01:37:20 pm »
[...], Exactly!  Iím pretty sure Iíll have a panic attack again sometime and I might be tempted to use it in an emergency.    But as miserable as panic attacks can be, they always pass on heir own. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 09:10:16 pm »
Good for you [...], I can't tell you how many members have taken that rescue dose after being benzo free and have regretted it, better safe than sorry!  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 10:11:08 pm »
Thanks [...]. Thatís exactly what worried me.  Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and had some anxiety when I remembered what Iíd done.  But the cool thing was that I told myself I didnít need it and went right back to sleep. Thereís something empowering about burning that bridge! Lol!  I got along without it before I started taking it and Iíll get along without it now.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2022, 10:50:19 pm »
Fantastic you went back to sleep!  I had to laugh when I saw your subject title saying you threw away 200 pills, I was thinking how many addicts would be aghast at the thought of doing that.  :laugh: