Author Topic: New here  (Read 88 times)

[Buddie]

New here
« on: May 19, 2022, 12:02:29 am »
I am starting a taper off of .5 ativan 3x day. So far I'm down to just 2x day but it's been rough.  Any advice would be very welcome. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 12:06:51 am »
Hello [...],

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, we are glad you have joined!  We can support you as you get off Ativan.  Are you doing your own taper or is your doctor guiding you?  We suggest a slow taper with reductions in the 5-10% range every two weeks or so.  We also suggest that you be flexible and let any withdrawl symptoms you may have guide you during your taper.

I've put some links below to get you started.  Please ask questions and speak up when you need help.  You can start posting when ready.

Again, welcome,

[...]

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.