Author Topic: Klonopin taper- when do I jump?  (Read 415 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Klonopin taper- when do I jump?
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2022, 05:08:04 pm »
Hi [...], thank you for responding. I see it took you 8 months from a .25 to the end. How was that for you? How did you make the doses so small? Congrats on completing your taper! How are you doing?

Collie this is very doable! It just takes a minute to wrap your head around how to do it and you will get better at it.  It is crazy that there is no real doctor support and we are on our own to cut and taper.  I've read some people use a compounding pharmacy but I'm not sure how that works. 

I was able to dry cut using just a scale until I got to a very low amount and my scale became inaccurate.  I used a file and my scale to dry cut every day.  It is a hassle but it worked well for me.  Once my amount got too low I used the capsule method by Bob7.  In retrospect, I would have used the capsules earlier in my taper because I liked having my pills batched so I didn't have to take the time to dry cut every day.

I finished my taper and so will you! The key is to listen to your body and to be patient with yourself as you go through.  It is not easy but is very doable!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2022, 06:19:51 pm »
Thank [...], you give me so much hope. I guess I should just do the math and start my taper somewhere between. 25 and .125. Once I am stable on that dose I will make the pills. The hydroxyzine really is helping me today...it's still rough but at least I can function now.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2022, 09:06:50 pm »
Collie, the goal with tapering is to be able to function.  For me, functioning meant that I had symptoms but that I could still do what I needed to do including work.