Looking for advice and community support

[bl...]

Hello,

Looking for extra support in my journey. I've been on Oxazepam for about 5 years now... every night. For the last 3 years been on about 17.5 mg. I don't have access to longer half life benzos unfortunately and looking for advice how to best handle a rapid half life benzo like Oxazepam. I've started a taper of 1.25 mg per month so far it's tough but I'm getting through.

Thanks,

B

Hello Bluesie :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

Welcome to the community. Well done in starting your taper.  Take your time and browse the boards, we have some very valuable information here and lots of support. Feel free to post questions on any of the dedicated boards. 

It’s generally recommended to reduce your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days.  Many taper slower than this, whatever feels comfortable.

I would  suggest you check out The Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzodiazepines have on our body.

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita