Need help with taper schedule fast

[Na...]

Okay, so now that I am below 1mg things are getting hard to figure out. I am totally lost on how to calculate this taper!  Tried explaining to the best of my ability to my husband on how I think it's done but I just really confused him and he is the one that will be doing my cuts for me. I didn't want the stress of calculating, weighing and figuring out percentages, but then he got stressed which in turn stressed me out, so I really need someone to help me.

I started at 1.25mg daily this is how I was dosing. ...25mg 9a.m,  .25mg 2p.m,  .25mg 6p.m and .5 at bedtime

I was experiencing inner dose withdrawal even at that schedule

I am currently at .875 daily and this is how I'm dosing. ..  .25mg 9a.m,  .25mg 2p.m, .125mg  6p.m, .25mg bedtime

I started very slow, but since I haven't been very stable for 2 years since I hit tolerance, not knowing what tolerance was, I'm going to just push through the best I can, so I want to cut 10% every two weeks but try and stay on the 4 times a day dosing for as long as I can.

Can someone help me figure out a schedule?

Also what do you do with the little pieces and powder you end up with when cutting pills?

Nanaquits, I just want to clarify that you are still tapering clonazepam, right?  Have you given any thought as to how you want to taper as the doses get smaller - liquid taper versus dry taper using a scale?

Nanaquits, I just want to clarify that you are still tapering clonazepam, right?  Have you given any thought as to how you want to taper as the doses get smaller - liquid taper versus dry taper using a scale?

Yes, I am still tapering the clonazepam. Still very weak and not sleeping well at night so still spending most of my day in bed unfortunately. Seems like when I get up I just don't know what to do with myself, I get extremely restless and having agoraphobia doesn't help things, if I could just get comfortable going out again I think it would be so much easier to distract myself. I got to where I was able to walk around the block a few times a week, but now the Temps where I live are in the 100+ degrees already and between the meds I'm on and the wd I can't handle the heat at all.

I have wondered once I get to the small doses how I would do it, I'm just really confused. Right now my husband is doing the dry taper for me, but we are not sure exactly what we are doing!  Bought a good scale for weighing pills.

I need help with figuring calculations and how to cut or shave the pills. My pills unfortunately in the states are .5mg smallest tab, they have a .25 oral disintegrating tablet, but you can't cut them.

I've noticed on some threads I think it is Colin and Bob7 have helped with this. I want to take my next cut as I do feel ready, I just have mush for brains and really need to figure this out. I would actually be leaving the 6p.m dose as it is for now.

Thank you for helping

Nanaquits, I had to push past the desire to feel comfortable and go ahead and do things even though I wasn't comfortable doing them.  I had also gotten semi-isolated and afraid and of course it is hard to do things in this condition but but if I waited until I was comfortable to do something, I was never going to do it.

I don't know how to weigh and measure my next cut. This is all so confusing for me. Can someone explain the process of writing your pills and calculating how much to cut off? I need to figure this out but my brain is numb!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll tell you what I've been doing and hopefully it helps.

Weigh total amount of benzo pills.  In my case it was 1 mg (2 of the .5 mg pills).  The total weight came to .34.

Then I decided to reduce this by 5%.  To do this, multiply the current weight of the pills (.34) by .95 (which is the decimal form including the 5% reduction from the total weight of the pills).

Use online calculator (just google this) to multiply .95 X .34 (the current weight of the pills).  That came out to be .323.

Then I used a metal nail file to shave one of the pills and did several weighings of the pills till I arrived at .323 (my desired 5% reduction).

I saved all the powder from the shavings for future use.

Just remember, when figuring the total amount, use the current amount.  In other words, your next reduction would be based on .323 and not on your starting weight of .34 for your pills.