Duration and symptoms of Sinus Infection?

[Sy...]

I think I have a sinus infection. I’ve had a low fever, aches and low energy for 4 days. Now runny nose and stuffiness and sore throat. Anyone with experience with sinus infection can you tell me your typical symptoms and how long the infection usually lasts? I plan to see doctor in 2 days to rule out strep throat and I know they will want to prescribe antibiotics which I’d like to avoid. I was taking them 2 months ago for globus and only had fever for one day. I don’t want antibiotics to destroy my gut health. Any recommendations on alternative methods to speed up the recovery? Thank you.

Most sinus infections are actually upper respiratory infections that begin as a viral infection and antibiotics are not necessary.  They typically run their course in 10 days to two weeks.  Antibiotics need only be used if the viral infection progress to a bacterial infection.  If your strep test is negative, you could simply let this run it's course and only consider antibiotics if the symptoms persist after 10-14 days, the typical time it takes for a viral infection to clear.

One caveat in our world today is that a Covid test should be done also when upper respiratory symptoms are present.  I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you for your reply. Very helpful information. I have also had this low fever now for 4 days that I can’t seem to shake. Can that be common with sinus infection?

Fever can be present with any sort of infection so to answer your question, yes, fever can be present with a sinus infection.