TEMAZEPAM AND DIAZEPAM TAPER HELP

[ha...]

Hi I'm new to all this and maybe will sound a bit dumb anyway I'm from the UK so its virtually impossible to get any script Benz to help me taper i currently buy someone else script of temazepam but they have been reduced recently to 42 10mg a month so i also get diazepam from generic maybe not real Galenika Bensedin at present just wondering how i start and what people recommend to do stop the diazepam as i ain't sure of dosage etc and get my self some 0.001 scales as currently only have 0.01 I'm currently at 20 mg  and 20 mg diazepam i only take at night for sleep as i have had sleep problems since a child i have been taking benzos and others plus alcohol prior but i don't drink only at Xmas etc and take nothing else any help will be greatly appreciated thanks for having me on board xx sorry also on 200mg sertraline a day also thats about it

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ha...]

• [Pa...]

• [...]

• [je...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi happy1977, me again.  ;)

Most of our members use the less expensive scales so I don't feel you need to purchase a new one unless it gives you greater comfort, some are okay with good enough, other people need more precision, its all about how you feel about it because if you're not confident then you'll worry and worry makes us feel worse.

I don't believe you'll need to use scales for awhile though, most will dry cut until their pills get too small or they need smaller reductions than they can achieve with cutting.

We typically recommend reducing your dose by about 5-10% every couple of weeks or whatever your symptoms dictate, they should guide you so you can stay functional. 

Can you tell us which medication you feel has the longer half life, typically it would be the Diazepam but since you're not sure what you're taking, I'm unsure.  Whichever is the shorter half life is the one you'll want to start tapering first.

I would say it would be the temazepam as i know they are legit pharmacy that's where the problem lies do i stick with trying diazepam to taper when i don't know if there accurate or real or just try to taper off diazepam 1st then at least i know the temazepam are real if you understand me sorry not too good with forums and the like and thanks again for any help x EDIT well here we go trying 15mg temazepam and 20 mg diaz tonight lets see how it goes thanks for all the help ill try this for a week then cut again any advise or help would be greatfully accepted seems I'm gonna have to get some 0.001 scales after all all the tablets weigh 0.2 lol hope i get through this madness peace out ppl much love from the UK Liverpool

I'm glad you started with the Temazepam and 5 mgs is a 12.5% decrease so that's reasonable but if you feel too bad, hold that reduction until you feel stable then make a smaller reduction next time.  I need to define what we consider stable, it means being able to perform your daily tasks, it doesn't mean feeling good which we rarely feel until we're benzo free and recovered from its use.

If you don't want to purchase new scales, we can give you tips for getting fairly accurate weights using fillers and weighing 10 pills at once instead of one at a time.

thanks for that didn't go too badly just felt the same as usual i really struggle to sleep anyway what do you think about trying to go to 12.5 temazepam tonight and stay on 20 mg diazepam as it takes me hours to fall asleep anyway id say i get 3 hours max a night its just the getting up in the morning i cant do but that maybe my depression so then I'm stuck in this viscous cycle as if i lay in bed till 2pm lets say it then makes the night harder again anyway I'm gonna try get up at 10 am no matter what thanks for the reply and help x

It can take time for your body to fully realize the reduction in dose, I feel you're setting yourself up for hard times if you reduce this soon.  Members have said that reductions can accumulate, you keep reducing thinking everything is going great and then you get slammed and have to updose which we discourage.  You understand that getting off the drug is only the first step, when you're benzo free, then the recovery stage happens and that can take longer than the taper. 

Thanks for the advice i seem to have been ok but still struggled to get up early enough my memory is not the best so from what i can recall the temazepam i only recently increased has i was going through a rough patch anyway ill see how it goes for the next week or so on 10mg temazepam and 20 mg diazepam and go from there if i can stable on that ill then start slow cutting from the temazepam thanks for your reply its most helpful as for hard times do you mean as in insomnia as i can fight that well ill try my best i just want free i cant cope no more on these i know i cant go cold turkey i don't want to risk that as i live alone so i would have no help if anything was to go wrong thanks again for all the help and reading through here is giving me much confidence it maybe that why I'm more determined than ever to stop fully xx

I'm glad to hear you're aware of the risks of tapering too rapidly, we want you safe but I understand wanting to get the drug out of your body.  Once we make up our minds to take action, its excruciating to go slow.

Just pay attention to your symptoms and taper accordingly.

think you was right feeling very jittery and anxious today not to the extent where i cant cope or feel afraid alone as i have before just don't wanna go back up with my dose gonna try again tonight sorry as are timelines are totally different 2.15 pm here so I'm thinking go a week or so at this level see how far i get any advice welcome thanks

The only thing I can advise is to go slow to allow your body to realize the reduction before making another one.  Each drug has a different method of action, take Klonopin for example, most members say they begin to feel symptoms around day 3 and they level off around day 10 then they can consider making another reduction.  With Temazepam, I don't know the timeline but since its shorter acting you may know sooner when you can reduce again but it's all about experimentation with you as the subject unfortunately. 

Its helpful to keep a record of your reductions as well as your symptoms and their severity to determine your cuts, use each reduction to know when and how much to reduce the next time. 

test subject ready lol ill do a week on the same dosage see how i feel seem too have picked up a bit since this morning its just trying to keep busy then it seems to help still wary of coming from the temazepam 1st as i cant see sure of the dosage of diazepam or if they are even legitimate as i said ill continue for a week then see where I'm at Ty again

Mornings seem to be the worst for most everyone and as for your Diazepam, even though you don't know if its legitimate you know how your body reacts to it so I believe you'll be able to figure out what works when you start reducing that.

The great part of getting off of the Temazepam is you won't have to bother your friend anymore and won't it be great when you don't have to worry about finding anymore benzo's?  Freedom feels so good!

Feeling good today still gonna stick to a week then decided i want get down to 10mg diaz 1st of all doing 10% per week so i may some help there as the tablet weighs 0.21 gram so I'm thinking any ideas shaving the tablet etc to start with or maybe get some better scales and use the gel caps and filler so at 10% cut per week ill be lets say doing 0.18 0.16 0.14 0.12 0.1 0.08 0.06 0.04 0.02 then down to just 10 mg diaz does this seem ok I'm gonna beat this devil once and for all thanks for your help @Pamster

10% a week is kind of fast but this is your taper so whatever works for you we'll support. 

Have you seen this, Bob7 is a member who still visits the forum to help out so if you'd like to discuss your methods with him I can send him a message if you'll start a thread on the titration board.

Bob7 Benzo Dry Taper Method 

thanks for all the help i have looked at the guys set up etc and it looks the best way to go ill just have to find similar caps etc from UK sources why you say 10% to fast what your recommendation then i iust thought that as it would be easier work out

I say 5-10% every couple of weeks or whatever your symptoms dictate.  The thing with Diazepam is its long half life, its difficult for your body to fully realize the loss of the drug if you rigidly taper every week, I worry that your reductions could catch up to you.  I've read members say the reductions can accumulate, you're going along just fine then get slammed because the reductions catch up to you.  When this happens members have to either hold for an extended period of time or some updose which we don't like to see.

But as I said, this is your taper so I'm sure you'll find what works for you, just pay attention and adjust your taper as necessary and if you can, keep a log of your reductions and your symptom severity, this will help you determine future reductions.

Right here goes nothing trying to cut the diaz but my scales are poor anyway currently on 10 mg temaz and 18mg diaz roughly can anyone recommend any good scales I'm UK based as all i look at on amazon etc have terrible reviews is there any that are actually accurate any help much appreciated thanks xxx

Most of our members use the cheap ones, I think this video provides some tricks to help them work better. 

thanks been using old ones i have but they only go to 0.01  been feeling good off the cut and sleeping better which i never expected seems its just the worry and thought of cutting always got to me now I'm determined it seems to be inevitable if ya get me so i don't seem to worry even had very vivid dreams the past 2 nights think ill get some of the powder and gel caps to mix and try to work it out using that spreadsheet been getting up 10.30 daily and trying to keep at it thanks for the help xxxx      edit -- just a bit wary about buying scales gel caps and binder or whatever expect my door be coming off by the police lol                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

There's something to be said about timing, when it's right things kind of fall into place, plus taking care of business is empowering and that's what you're doing.  :thumbsup:

I don't think you'll need to worry about the law, at least I hope not.  :laugh:

gel caps come today scales tomorrow and mixing agent spatula etc getting prepared for when I'm getting to smaller doses just need make the tablet holder as I'm at a too large weight to micro taper yet using the gel caps so ill just shave daily I'm thinking not decided amount yet i feel i have the confidence to go a bit faster would you say micro taper from now lets say small amount daily so my pill weighs .21 about hope my new scales are clearer seems none are deadly accurate so maybe try I'm currently at .18 so was thinking daily reduce of maybe 0.001 daily thoughts please xxx

Hi happy

I stumbled on your post so I'm just butting in here. I used the filler/capsule method Bob7 described. You say you're at a too large weight to micro taper. If you want to micro taper at larger doses you can use a combination of pills and capsules. So you'll take a certain part of your dose in pill format and the rest in capsule format. I did that. Just a thought.

thanks for that advice I'm currently got some new scales I'm just waiting for my mixer for my caps until then i just been doing 0.002 a night i don't know if that's enough but ill see hoe it goes currently at 10 mg temaz 10mg diaz and tapering off the other 10mg diaz what weighs 0.2 and at 0.178 and will do 0.002 a night any thoughts on if i should do any faster thanks for any help xx

I'm not sure what that is percentage wise? My maths are terrible. When I used this method my husband did the maths for me. I can only advise on percentages. If you don't know how to calculate it I can get someone to stop by?

right was gonna make a month supply tonight and reduce 0.002 per day my only problem is i cant work out my starting dose my tablet weighs 0.21 and is 10mg diaz I'm currently taking 0.178 how do i work out my starting dose and also in the math worksheet why do you need to put in how much the capsule holds could really do with some help here thanks xx