HELP NEEDED OR GUIDANCE

[ha...]

Hi i have been taking benzos for about 20 years all different types as well as other drugs iam now currently at 20 mg temazepam 20mg diazepam i wanna be free much appreciated any help ty xxx

Hello happy1977, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

We can help you find your way off of the Diazepam and Temazepam, can you tell us, have you every stopped taking them in the past and if so, what was your experience?  Do you have any unpleasant symptoms at the moment, is this why you're considering getting off of them?

I'll give you some helpful links so take a look and ask questions, we're here to help.

Pamster

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

The Ashton Manual

thanks for the add my main problem is i wanna taper but i get  that are prescription not mine i buy them and the rest are imports bensedin usually so what i really need is any guidance with tapering as i have been told the diazepam may not be real or even not accurate dosed so i was thinking is gonna be hard taper as most say use diazepam im totally clueless with all of this I'm not expecting someone to help step by step but i would gladly pay anyone for help I'm currently also on 200mg of sertraline a day also thanks and much love for any help i can get i owe my life to you xxxx

sorry i missed my reply i have got down to 10mg and 10mg of both before but it was hell and i didn't sleep much i also came off xanax about 2 year ago that was the worst experience in my life i was paranoid suicidal and had no sleep for 2 week i dunno how i got past that i was still taking temzepam and diazepam to take the edge off now i just wanna be free hopefully i can with some help thanks i have never gone without some benzo in over 20 years i was also taking drugs and alcohol for many years but now I'm just down to the 20 mg temazepam and 20 mg diazepam i feel i will come to harm if i just stop either psychically or mentally just been looking at the guys method on taper using scales etc looks good is everyone here US based im from the UK so there is no help really from medical services looks like i need to get some better scales 0.001

Thanks for answering my questions, the reason I asked is because some people can get off of these drugs with little to no problem but it doesn't sound like you're one of them, I'm sorry.

Its not a requirement to cross over to Diazepam, most members will taper directly from their current medication but you not having a prescription and not knowing the exact nature of your pills will make this challenging but as long as you can continue to get a supply, you can successfully taper.

We don't expect payment and its against forum policy to break anonymity, but you can get all of the information, support and tools you need to do this on the open forum so no worries, we'll help you do this.

If you'll start a thread on the taper board we can get started on helping you plan your taper, this is the link you'll use.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=56.0