New tapering method ( Help Please)

[Re...]

I am on 2 mg of V and my doctor this last month had me take 1 mg for 5 of the days in the month. He wants me to take 2 mg this next month and take 1mg for 7 of the days. Has anyone done this before? I’m having a hard time feeling right when I cut the 1 mg for 2 days straight. Would I be better off cutting my 2 mg. Into 4 pieces and take 1 1/2 mg. So it would be consistent instead of picking different days to take 1 mg

Redbird Flies

You've made great progress on your taper Redbird - way to go!  The consenses here seems to be that a steady decline in dose rather than alternating doses is the best way to go and easiest to tolerate.  Plus, if you've gone 7 days on a lower dose, going back up in dose doesn't make sense.  I like your thinking better.  :thumbsup:

Thank you Kate! You have been an inspiration for me.I’m so happy to see you are helping people on here. I haven’t gone 7 straight days. He wants me to alternate to 1 mg on any 7 days I choose out of the next 30 days. I did go 2 straight days back to back the last 30 days  when he wanted me to go 5 days taking 1 mg. and I am not liking how I feel that is why I was thinking of going to 1 1/2 everyday. I’m thinking a steadier taper might be better for me but I do not feel that I can go down to 1 mg everyday. I hope I’m making sense.

I understand now Redbird.  I like your plan better but an even smaller reduction than 1.5mg might be easier tolerated.  You can always do a bigger reduction but going back up in dose doesn't always work when the cut is already made.  I'm rooting for you Redbird!