Author Topic: Protracted Success story - 95% Healed after 26 Months - Got My Life Back  (Read 1328 times)

[Buddie]

Wow! Congratulations Surferdud.  We have some similarities.. I was put on the benzo when taking chemo at 29; Iím 60 now.  Iím just  10 months off Ativan and as you can imagine having a crazy hard time. Thanks for your story and reaching back to spread hope. 
Feeling [...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

So glad my Success posting is helping everyone. btw. It took me a couple of months to write this; as I almost got PTSD just writing down about the hell hole I dug myself out of.

To answer your question:
"After all this, do you feel like you tapered too quickly? Was your taper wrought with symptoms, or was it fairly manageable?"

The taper was tough. And I did not want to prolong the process, so I thought 4 months to taper was ok for myself. But best to read more on Benzo Buddies. Just do what your body tells you. My body said to "get the hell off this crap".

To be honest, in my case (and remember everyone is different coming off benzos) the taper was the "easier" of the entire process. The 2 long years of feeling incredibly crappy (I wish I could use a much stronger cuss word instead of crappy) was actually the hardest. Just worn me down. And worn down my wife and kids. Everyone was worn down going through this long process.

This benzo crap affects everyone. Yourself, family, friends, co-workers, etc.

When I was sent to the ER, as noted in my posting, my kids and wife thought I was going to die. And I thought I was actually going to die. So it just shows you how powerful this drug is.

When I told my regular doctor and psychiatrist about the issues I was having, they literally said it was all in my head: "Benzos do not do this type of stuff". They also said I should get counseling and take antidepressants. So absolutely wrong they were. btw. I do not use those doctors anymore. And I am super careful about anything doctors tell me anymore.

Everyone, feel free to ask questions that you think would be helpful to the entire Benzo Buddies community. I am super busy running my company, but always have time to give back to this Benzo community. And try to help more people get through this benzo nightmare.

I thought this condition would last forever and I my brain was just permanently messed up from taking benzos. How wrong I was. Do not give up. I cannot stress this. You will get over it!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

nearly 8 months out, struggling with sleep, thanks so much for your post!

[Buddie]

Thanks [...] for posting this.  We can use all the success stories ! So encouraging.  I think at some point we all think we are always going to be like this like you did.  Thanks for letting us know your experience and that we can all get back to ďnormalĒ . Stories like yours keep us going!  :smitten:

[...]

[Buddie]

Way to go Surfer! Now live it up to the max! You deserve it after making it through this. What a great post and well written. Thank you for sharing. Iím at 23 months. Iím well on my way to the end of this too. Iím getting better each month finally. I canít wait to write my story too.

[Buddie]

[...],

Congratulations! Thank you so much for your encouraging story. I can really relate. I haven't had too many windows just a lot of suffering but recently I've had more suffering in the last month and I'm almost 25 months out. But I've also had little mini windows that are popping in and out that I didn't have before. I even had a whole day window. So from reading your experience it encourages me that I might be getting close now. Thanks again and hugs to you!

[...]