Considering reinstatement need help

[Ma...]

After three years of occasional use of klonopin, started on .5 mg for sleep for almost 2 years.  Stopped cold turkey and had horrible insomnia.  My doctor suggested medical marijuana, so I saw another doctor who was able to help me obtain a medical marijuana card.  Took marijuana during a three month taper, had no symptoms.  However, two months after klonopin taper, the marijuana stopped working, so I stopped taking it and after 10 days off it, I developed horrible withdrawal.  I took several rescue doses, then started on remeron for just a week.  Stopped that a week ago, was sleeping ok and now the insomnia has returned horribly.    I took a dose of remeron last night and got 2 hours sleep.  Don’t know what to do.  Doctors just want to prescribe more drugs!!!!

Hello MaxandLilly,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, we are glad you are here!  I'm sorry you are having sucn a hard time and yes, the insomnia is really rough - I had it also.  For most of us it takes a year or so for natural sleep to return but it does and it is so much better than drug-induced sleep.  You could reinstate clonazepam and it might work but it might not.  If you had hit tolerance to it, you may find that it doesn't work any longer and/or it will take more and more of it to help.  That is what happened to me.  I've put some links below to get you started and one of them is about tolerance.

After you get settled it, you can begin posting.  Let us know if you have questions or need help.  I hope you will at least do some research and get some member input before you make you decision regarding reinstatement.

Again, welcome,

Kate08

Reaching Tolerance Info

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal

Insomnia