Introduction

[bu...]

Hello!

I really think this is a wonderful website, to be able to bring everyone going through this hell together in an effort to help each other is truly amazing!

I've been using benzos daily since 2016 mainly Alprazolam, and I got my dose down to 7.5mgs of Diazepam per day which is a blessing.

Hello buddybenzo :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are happy to have you here with us. We do have a wonderful community here.  You’ve done a great job so far, well done. How long have you been tapering.?    Take your time, browse the boards, we have lots of information here and some great support.

Slow is best with Benzodiazepines reducing your daily dose by between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days is the rule of thumb.  Many of us taper slower than this, it’s up to you, whatever feels comfortable.

I would  also suggest you check out The Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effects benzodiazepines have on our body.

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

Withdrawal Support

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Thank you!

You know I actually started tapering "officially" since the 4th of last month when I decided to go from 15mgs to 7.5 of diazepam. Unofficially, I realized this was making me seriously ill and I started to wait for as long as I could bare the symptoms between doses, this was how I kinda got down to defining 30mgs as a baseline.

I jumped off from the 7.5 1week ago mainly because I may be starting a new job in the coming months so I figured now would be a good time.

How are you feeling at the moment?  that was a very fast taper and 7.5 mgs diazepam is a high dose to jump off.  It took me a year to taper off 20 mgs diazepam.  If symptoms start to kick in and they do become unbearable, you have the option to reinstate and slow taper.  Its great if you are coping with symptoms.  Withdrawal symptoms are temporary but they do take some time to settle down.

We are here for you, keep posting if you need support.

Magrita :thumbsup:

I feel more optimistic and determined to quit than ever. I'm practically experiencing most of the symptoms I've read about except seizures. The hardest part for me is simply talking to others or even just being in the presence of someone else, not sure if anyone gets this then when I'm alone half of this tension is gone and I can bare the symptoms more.

I feel like this broke the relationship and how I view people in general.

I'm going to the Dr tomorrow, haven't been to in a long while. Hopefully it will be a helpful experience

:)

We lose our connection to ourselves and others, this process robs us of so much.  I found being around people very difficult too but when I recovered, everything went back to my normal. 

Welcome to BB  buddybenzo. 7.5 mgs is a pretty hefty dose to CT. I am glad you are able to tolerate the withdrawal sxs thus far. Does this possible job you might get require you to be benzo free? Please keep us updated on your progress.

I feel more optimistic and determined to quit than ever. I'm practically experiencing most of the symptoms I've read about except seizures. The hardest part for me is simply talking to others or even just being in the presence of someone else, not sure if anyone gets this then when I'm alone half of this tension is gone and I can bare the symptoms more.

I feel like this broke the relationship and how I view people in general.

I'm going to the Dr tomorrow, haven't been to in a long while. Hopefully it will be a helpful experience

:)

I love that you are feeling optimistic Buddy, I know It will get better for you.  Accept that Its going to take a while to recover but you will eventually get there.  I couldn't talk to others, I found it difficult to be around people, it was easier for me to be alone. 

I hope you get this job, I am rooting for you, and good luck with the doctor.

Magrita  :smitten: