Can you hit a wave while holding your dose for a period of time?

[Mi...]

Hi all

Holding at 11mg and had a good month.

Then husband returned to work and I did not. Not sure if that is the reason but I had a whoosh that dropped me back into a horrific wave.

Has anyone else had this while pausing their taper???

Need advice please.

I am feeling very demoralised and upset that I cannot get off these meds x

Absolutely!  It’s been part of the process for me.  I ride it out and then decide when it feels right for my next cut.

Thank you grey cloud. How long does your ones last? This one has been here for 3 weeks.

Yes You can have a bad wave during holding. It happens to me a lot.

Thank you. How long have your ones lasted?

This one has been here for 3 weeks and I did not cut since feb x

Absolutely!  It’s been part of the process for me.  I ride it out and then decide when it feels right for my next cut.

Recently I’ve had a wave of around 2 weeks.  I’m in it now.  I definitely think it is a result of my most recent cut.  I eliminated my midday dose altogether.  In the past I’ve had waves come out of nowhere though. 

It all depends sometimes it lasts 2 weeks and sometimes 3 or longer. I just did a cut 13 days ago and I am still in pretty bad shape. Think I am going to hold for a while. My prior reduction before this one seemed to be going well and then after 2 weeks of doing good I got hit with a horrible wave which lasted for 5 weeks... Had no idea what brought it on. Everything about withdrawal is so unpredictable.  It is such a guessing game.

Good luck and hang in there!!

Thank you grey cloud.

How did you manage to hold on for 5 weeks?

Hope your dip eases for you soon.

Take big care

It all depends sometimes it lasts 2 weeks and sometimes 3 or longer. I just did a cut 13 days ago and I am still in pretty bad shape. Think I am going to hold for a while. My prior reduction before this one seemed to be going well and then after 2 weeks of doing good I got hit with a horrible wave which lasted for 5 weeks... Had no idea what brought it on. Everything about withdrawal is so unpredictable.  It is such a guessing game.

Good luck and hang in there!!

Thank you 2cats

How do you ride the unknown or known waves? I am writing off my chances of success here

Take big care x

Recently I’ve had a wave of around 2 weeks.  I’m in it now.  I definitely think it is a result of my most recent cut.  I eliminated my midday dose altogether.  In the past I’ve had waves come out of nowhere though.

Not sure how I am holding on. I guess I am just determined to get off of this poison. I guess I keep believing that it will eventually end..

Hang in there!!