Author Topic: Can you hit a wave while holding your dose for a period of time?  (Read 197 times)

[Buddie]

Hi all
Holding at 11mg and had a good month.
Then husband returned to work and I did not. Not sure if that is the reason but I had a whoosh that dropped me back into a horrific wave.
Has anyone else had this while pausing their taper???
Need advice please.
I am feeling very demoralised and upset that I cannot get off these meds x
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Can you hit a wave while holding your dose for a period of time?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 09:50:15 pm »
Yes You can have a bad wave during holding. It happens to me a lot.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 10:59:02 pm »
Absolutely!   Itís been part of the process for me.  I ride it out and then decide when it feels right for my next cut.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 05:43:41 am »
Thank you grey cloud. How long does your ones last? This one has been here for 3 weeks.
Yes You can have a bad wave during holding. It happens to me a lot.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 05:44:57 am »
Thank you. How long have your ones lasted?
This one has been here for 3 weeks and I did not cut since feb x
Absolutely!   Itís been part of the process for me.  I ride it out and then decide when it feels right for my next cut.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2022, 11:48:49 am »

Recently Iíve had a wave of around 2 weeks.  Iím in it now.   I definitely think it is a result of my most recent cut.  I eliminated my midday dose altogether.  In the past Iíve had waves come out of nowhere though. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2022, 04:16:36 pm »
It all depends sometimes it lasts 2 weeks and sometimes 3 or longer. I just did a cut 13 days ago and I am still in pretty bad shape. Think I am going to hold for a while. My prior reduction before this one seemed to be going well and then after 2 weeks of doing good I got hit with a horrible wave which lasted for 5 weeks... Had no idea what brought it on. Everything about withdrawal is so unpredictable.  It is such a guessing game.
Good luck and hang in there!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2022, 06:08:32 pm »
Thank you grey cloud.
How did you manage to hold on for 5 weeks?
Hope your dip eases for you soon.
Take big care
It all depends sometimes it lasts 2 weeks and sometimes 3 or longer. I just did a cut 13 days ago and I am still in pretty bad shape. Think I am going to hold for a while. My prior reduction before this one seemed to be going well and then after 2 weeks of doing good I got hit with a horrible wave which lasted for 5 weeks... Had no idea what brought it on. Everything about withdrawal is so unpredictable.  It is such a guessing game.
Good luck and hang in there!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2022, 06:10:28 pm »
Thank you [...]
How do you ride the unknown or known waves? I am writing off my chances of success here
Take big care x

Recently Iíve had a wave of around 2 weeks.  Iím in it now.   I definitely think it is a result of my most recent cut.  I eliminated my midday dose altogether.  In the past Iíve had waves come out of nowhere though.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2022, 06:39:49 pm »
Not sure how I am holding on. I guess I am just determined to get off of this poison. I guess I keep believing that it will eventually end..
Hang in there!!