Is this uncomfortable obsession a withdrawal symptom or from my concussion?

[So...]

I am exessivly googling again, trying to figure things out, solve my problems, asking people about the same symptoms, if they went away, trying to figure out what i Did wrong.

It just so obsessive and i cant stop. If i dont i get this tight feeling in my whole body and mind, like this uncontrollable urge feeling. It is really uncomfortable because i cant stop it. I Feel like i have no control over my own mind and actions.

Its really scary! Its stopping me form being present and in the moment, and it gives me more stress and anxiety. I cant even have a conversation, because my mind will constantly wander to i have to Google, what if i Did this wrong, i have to Ask about that.

Its insane and i cant control it, it is an intense physical and mental urge, and if i dont do it, it caused extreme mental and physical distress.

I dont know why it is happening at all.

If its withdrawal or the concussion i got six weeks ago!

Its just Impossible to stop really!

It's withdrawal, very common. I think everyone is like it actually, how could you not be when you are in hell. It consumes you

It’s a compulsion. You need to try to stop or at least go for longer periods of time not checking. You feel better in the short term checking all the time but it’s actually creating more anxiety and you’ll be stuck in a loop of it. I have it too and it’s hard to break.

We all do it. Or did it. It is a combination of the anxiety that is raging inside of us and our brain desperately seeking a solution or hope for the agony we are enduring. 

It is good when you can try and go longer and longer periods without researching it so much.  I used to just try making it a few minutes without doing it. Then a few hours, then a whole day etc.

But honestly........for me it didn't really start slowing down until I started feeling better. Its REALLY hard not to seek relief when you are being tortured. Just really hard. 

You can try to lesson the time you do it, and that may help if you are able to continue being successful in doing it less and less.

Or you can just be like "yep, I'm constantly researching it and I don't care, and I know I will eventually tone it down"  and that could help by taking the power out of it. Like if you don't care.... eventually you will stop.

Depends on what works best for you

I used Dr. Google far too often when in withdrawal and recovery. The best decision I made was to ban myself from googling symptoms.  The myriad of unexplainable symptoms makes us what to find a reason, a cause. Of course, I found many illness and conditions that could have caused my symptoms. In the end, it was 'just' withdrawal.

I distracted myself other ways. Reading easy going books, watching easy going movies, doing puzzles, playing games (Scrabble) against the computer, walking outside to get sun and other things.

It's not easy to let go, but it's worth it.  I hope you find something that works for you.

pianogirl  :smitten:

I used Dr. Google far too often when in withdrawal and recovery. The best decision I made was to ban myself from googling symptoms.  The myriad of unexplainable symptoms makes us what to find a reason, a cause. Of course, I found many illness and conditions that could have caused my symptoms. In the end, it was 'just' withdrawal.

I distracted myself other ways. Reading easy going books, watching easy going movies, doing puzzles, playing games (Scrabble) against the computer, walking outside to get sun and other things.

It's not easy to let go, but it's worth it.  I hope you find something that works for you.

It feels like OCD almost though. If i dont do it i get severe mental and physical distress, and it feels like i have no control over my thoughts or actions at all.

I also have this extreme restlessness in my mind. I can physically Feel it in my head, and it is so distressing.

Is it possible that it is mental akathisia?

Is it possible for impulse control to be impared? I Feel like i have no control of my urges in any setting what so ever!

It feels like OCD almost though. If i dont do it i get severe mental and physical distress, and it feels like i have no control over my thoughts or actions at all.

I also have this extreme restlessness in my mind. I can physically Feel it in my head, and it is so distressing.

Is it possible that it is mental akathisia?

The only suggestion I have is to distract.  Do you have something that will take your mind off this?  Puzzles are good, so is drawing or painting. I know of several buddies who were recovering along with me that did adult coloring books.  It can be challenging to break the habit, take baby steps and you'll get there.

PG  :smitten: