Author Topic: Klonopin  (Read 183 times)

[Buddie]

Klonopin
« on: May 14, 2022, 12:49:33 pm »
Currently taoering Ativan but drs wants me to change to klonopin as my symptoms so severe.  Am on 2mg ativan and she says take 1mg klonopin first week and drop,1mg Ativan then 2nd week drop 1mg Ativan and takex2mgbklonopin.  This sounds like bad advice as klonopin is stronger.  Shouid I just continue with the atuvan even though I am not coping
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Klonopin
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 05:33:06 pm »
Right, Klonopin is twice as strong as Ativan. The generally accepted equivalent dose would be 1 mg. It may help to reduce interdose WD if you can tolerate changing over.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.