Author Topic: Hello! Brand new member here  (Read 127 times)

[Buddie]

Hello! Brand new member here
« on: May 14, 2022, 11:24:21 am »
I finally decided to join BenzoBuddies in hopes of finding support and possibly some answers.  I started taking clonazepam in 2016 for my insomnia, which was apparently caused by extremely low thyroid (TSH=68).  I was on 2mg each night, until the doctors could find the right dosage of thyroid medication.  This took several months.  At that point I started my taper off clonazepam.  It turns out that my taper rate was too fast.  A few months later, after jumping off, really bad rebound insomnia.  Doctor reinstated clonazepam back to 2 mg and had me try a different thyroid medication.  After several months of adjusting dosage of that med., started to taper off clonazepam again.  This time I slowed down my taper rate, almost to a crawl.  I finished my taper June of last year (2021).  Everything was fine (sleeping good for the most part) until last week.  Insomnia returned with a vengeance.  As of this today, very little sleep over the past week.  Just wondering if this return of insomnia, after almost a full year of good sleep, is normal and if anyone else has experienced this.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Hello! Brand new member here
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 11:27:13 am »
Hello [...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm sorry to hear you're not sleeping, this is common for us but I'm not sure its benzo related since you've slept for the most part fairly well for the last year.  Don't get me wrong, benzo symptoms can show up and change at any time but I feel it would be a good idea to explore other causes as well as the Clonazepam.

I'll provide some links to the forum so you can ask the wider membership about their experiences, so please take advantage of them.

We're glad you found us and hope we can help answers your questions.

[...]

The Ashton Manual    

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.