Any success stories doing a detox?

[Na...]

Has anyone gone through a detox plus rehab to get off these drugs and had success?

I am seriously thinking about going to a facility that would be a 10 day detox (currently at 1mg clonazepam) and then I would stay inpatient for 30 days to learn coping skills. I know most say a slow taper but I don't know if I can survive this taper. I feel like I have been in withdrawal for almost 2 years even though I was still taking original dose of 1.5mg daily. One day I woke up and my whole life changed!  I couldn't leave my house, run my small business, anxiety was out of control,I have felt like empty, like i don't know who I am at 61years old and I thought I had dementia or brain damage. After many many doctors and tests coming out good I started doing research and all I can figure out is that i built not only tolerance but was also having inter dose withdrawals. I'm not a young one with a lot of years left and I don't want to spend them like this, I just want the healing to start!

Please if you have had success with detox let me know. Any other opinions on this are welcome too

Just be prepared that when they rapid withdraw you, the symptoms will most likely be pretty bad (hopefully not) but usually are. And then they will want you to take more drugs for those symptoms which may or may not help. But remember you can choose what you agree to take. However, just know that if you decline more meds, it's possible they will label you "uncooperative in your own recovery" and also if you feel terrible and don't want to go to group sessions all day....it's possible they will label you as "isolating". You just have to be up front and know exactly what you want to do or not do.  If you are not prepared I have seen and personally experienced just trusting that they know best and taking a ton of drugs and making it worse.    If I was functioning on a taper, I would stick with it.  But we all understand that only you know yourself and only you can decide what's best for you!!!

Has anyone gone through a detox plus rehab to get off these drugs and had success?

I am seriously thinking about going to a facility that would be a 10 day detox (currently at 1mg clonazepam) and then I would stay inpatient for 30 days to learn coping skills. I know most say a slow taper but I don't know if I can survive this taper. I feel like I have been in withdrawal for almost 2 years even though I was still taking original dose of 1.5mg daily. One day I woke up and my whole life changed!  I couldn't leave my house, run my small business, anxiety was out of control,I have felt like empty, like i don't know who I am at 61years old and I thought I had dementia or brain damage. After many many doctors and tests coming out good I started doing research and all I can figure out is that i built not only tolerance but was also having inter dose withdrawals. I'm not a young one with a lot of years left and I don't want to spend them like this, I just want the healing to start!

Please if you have had success with detox let me know. Any other opinions on this are welcome too

There's probably been hundreds of thousands of people that have gone the detox route over the years. The vast majority aren't on forums and recovered, even most CT's recover in a normal timeframe. I was personally talking via PM with a guy who did the detox, and after a couple of months he just moved on with his life.

BUT it's not going to be nice experience, you need to be prepared for that, and nobody can tell you how quickly you will be recover whichever road you take. Some unfortunate people slow taper for years, then suffer a long protracted WD. You need to do, what you think is best for you. A detox facility will hurt more than a slow taper, and possibly cause more damage meaning a longer recovery. But again there's no guarantee with any of this