Author Topic: Formula question  (Read 165 times)

[Buddie]

Formula question
« on: May 11, 2022, 04:28:03 am »
[...] and [...] I have a question for y'all,

I have been following Gray Cloud's post about the lorazepam intensol and I think that I have confused myself.

Sometime back another member that was on here worked up a formula for me.  I use the lorazepam intensol 2mg/ml the formula I use is 1 ml intensol mixed with 299 ml water and take my doses from that mixture.  If I wanted to make a smaller batch using the  .5 ml on the dropper how much water would I add?  I just can't seem to wrap my head around this. 

Thank you for your help.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Formula question
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 11:45:09 am »
The formulas [...] suggested to gray cloud produce liquids with different concentrations than the formula the other member suggested to you.

To make a smaller batch of liquid with the same concentration you’re currently using, you would add 0.5mL of the Intensol (i.e. 1mg of lorazepam) to 149.5mL of water.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 01:34:10 pm »
The formulas [...] suggested to gray cloud produce liquids with different concentrations than the formula the other member suggested to you.

To make a smaller batch of liquid with the same concentration you’re currently using, you would add 0.5mL of the Intensol (i.e. 1mg of lorazepam) to 149.5mL of water.
I computed the exact same number as [...].  Put 0.5 mL of intensol into 149.5 mL of water.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 02:29:02 pm »
[...] and [...] thank you both so much!