Help finding a withdrawal coach

[Lc...]

I’m not sure if this is allowed but I’m looking for help finding a good reputable coach to offer encouragement and advise during my daughters Valium taper.  She has a good therapist and a cooperative psychiatrist but neither have much experience with benzo withdrawal.  It would help if she had someone she trusts to discuss her symptoms and taper plan. 

Would this guy bec interested in helping somebody not resident in USA as I also am in urgent need to talk to somebody

Would this guy bec interested in helping somebody not resident in USA as I also am in urgent need to talk to somebody

Can I ask where you are in the world? The UK has some good resources, not coaches per se, but Bristol Tranquilizer Project have a lot of experience.

Jennifer Leigh is great. She's not cheap but she has a ton of experience.

https://benzowithdrawalhelp.com/

She also has a support group that meets 3X/week.

Does anyone participate in that support group here?  Is it helpful?  How many are in the group?

I attended the group for a couple of months. It is run on Discord. She talks about different topics, and responds to people who ask questions in the chat. Sometimes she has a guest on to visit. There is only video of her, and no one else, but people talk in the chat. There are also a lot of other resources there. When my sxs were really bad, it was nice to have somewhere to go 3 mornings/week where people were suffering in similar ways. A lot of folks in the group were suffering pretty bad, just like you see on here, but she tries to keep the vibe positive.

I hope that is helpful. I stopped attending b/c my taper got easier and I wanted to focus on other things, but I would consider going back if things got worse again.

Jennifer Leigh is great. She's not cheap but she has a ton of experience.

https://benzowithdrawalhelp.com/

She also has a support group that meets 3X/week.

Does anyone participate in that support group here?  Is it helpful?  How many are in the group?

I attended the group for a couple of months. It is run on Discord. She talks about different topics, and responds to people who ask questions in the chat. Sometimes she has a guest on to visit. There is only video of her, and no one else, but people talk in the chat. There are also a lot of other resources there. When my sxs were really bad, it was nice to have somewhere to go 3 mornings/week where people were suffering in similar ways. A lot of folks in the group were suffering pretty bad, just like you see on here, but she tries to keep the vibe positive.

I hope that is helpful. I stopped attending b/c my taper got easier and I wanted to focus on other things, but I would consider going back if things got worse again.

Thanks for the review of Jennifer's Discord group. I've had 2 private sessions with her and she really is good. I have considered the Discord group as well but not sure yet if I need it or not.  Do you pay one month at a time for that?  I assume you can just pay month by month but wasn't sure.  Thank you!

There is something called free range psychiatry on tik tok and Instagram. She has a tapering support group that is $25 a month I think.

I was considering it as well, but had pictured it as a smaller group with everyone on the screen and able to share with each other.  I think I just want to hear more from people like us in real time, so it sounds like this doesn't do that except for the messaging feature, which you can pm ppl here. 

Some states in the US have peer support programs, mine does, and I have a regular peer and a telehealth peer. The telehealth peer has a lot of experience, was being used as a backup when I did not have access to my regular peer, but now has been assigned to provide me with weekly telehealth sessions in addition to my regular peer. My insurance pays for it, no cost to me, and the telehealth peer has been great. She has been coaching me through the process, answers questions, is aware I have autism and how it impacts my w/d, and is such a positive person all around. A social worker that overseas programs such as the peer support, is also assigned to me, and gets me services I need. I also have a direct care worker who helps with housekeeping and socialization. Different US states have different programs. Two large mental health/behavioral health/addiction help agencies train and provide the peers. Another smaller agency provides the dcw to those needing one. Having these have helped. 

Helen,

yes, you can totally pay for only one month at a time for the group. I enjoyed my private sessions with her, too.

BenzoLottie,

That sounds like an amazing resource.

Openroad

I was considering it as well, but had pictured it as a smaller group with everyone on the screen and able to share with each other.  I think I just want to hear more from people like us in real time, so it sounds like this doesn't do that except for the messaging feature, which you can pm ppl here. 

The BenzoWarrior group on FB has Zoom meetings three times a week, if you're looking for general benzo support and getting to hear from other people. They have a structured time for an hour and 30 minutes for everyone to visit. It doesn't currently fit well into my schedule, but it may fit into yours.

Thank you all.  My daughter is attending Jennifer Leigh’s group session.  She is very knowledgeable and positive.  Lately, she is taking about gardening and spirituality quit a bit. I think some people have dropped out because of it. 

I would like to know more about finding peer support.  We are in Massachusetts but telehealth is fine.  Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thank you all.  My daughter is attending Jennifer Leigh’s group session.  She is very knowledgeable and positive.  Lately, she is taking about gardening and spirituality quit a bit. I think some people have dropped out because of it. 

I would like to know more about finding peer support.  We are in Massachusetts but telehealth is fine.  Does anyone have a recommendation?

Talk to a hospital social worker, state dept. of mental health, or your local social services dept. I was initially set up through a hospital social worker. My peer that does telehealth, is in a different county, which is why it's telehealth. Usually you have the peer visit you. An exception was made by the agency providing peers for the state, to have the telehealth peer due to her extensive knowledge and experience with benzo w/d. Not a lot of peers with this experience. Not all states offer this type of program, so YMMV.