Author Topic: Help finding a withdrawal coach  (Read 416 times)

[Buddie]

Help finding a withdrawal coach
« on: May 10, 2022, 10:56:14 pm »
Iím not sure if this is allowed but Iím looking for help finding a good reputable coach to offer encouragement and advise during my daughters Valium taper.  She has a good therapist and a cooperative psychiatrist but neither have much experience with benzo withdrawal.  It would help if she had someone she trusts to discuss her symptoms and taper plan. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Help finding a withdrawal coach
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 11:15:50 pm »
There is always Jennifer Leigh but I found a guy on Instagram called lovely grind.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 01:50:33 pm »
Would this guy bec interested in helping somebody not resident in USA as I also am in urgent need to talk to somebody

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 06:36:44 am »
Jennifer Leigh is great. She's not cheap but she has a ton of experience.

https://benzowithdrawalhelp.com/

She also has a support group that meets 3X/week.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 09:51:39 am »
You may be able to find some help on the BIC website:

https://www.benzoinfo.com/doctors/

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 11:14:21 am »

Does anyone participate in that support group here?  Is it helpful?  How many are in the group?

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2022, 12:20:02 pm »
Would this guy bec interested in helping somebody not resident in USA as I also am in urgent need to talk to somebody

Can I ask where you are in the world? The UK has some good resources, not coaches per se, but Bristol Tranquilizer Project have a lot of experience.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2022, 06:41:10 pm »

Does anyone participate in that support group here?  Is it helpful?  How many are in the group?

I attended the group for a couple of months. It is run on Discord. She talks about different topics, and responds to people who ask questions in the chat. Sometimes she has a guest on to visit. There is only video of her, and no one else, but people talk in the chat. There are also a lot of other resources there. When my sxs were really bad, it was nice to have somewhere to go 3 mornings/week where people were suffering in similar ways. A lot of folks in the group were suffering pretty bad, just like you see on here, but she tries to keep the vibe positive.

I hope that is helpful. I stopped attending b/c my taper got easier and I wanted to focus on other things, but I would consider going back if things got worse again.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2022, 04:02:35 pm »

I attended the group for a couple of months. It is run on Discord. She talks about different topics, and responds to people who ask questions in the chat. Sometimes she has a guest on to visit. There is only video of her, and no one else, but people talk in the chat. There are also a lot of other resources there. When my sxs were really bad, it was nice to have somewhere to go 3 mornings/week where people were suffering in similar ways. A lot of folks in the group were suffering pretty bad, just like you see on here, but she tries to keep the vibe positive.

I hope that is helpful. I stopped attending b/c my taper got easier and I wanted to focus on other things, but I would consider going back if things got worse again.

Thanks for the review of Jennifer's Discord group. I've had 2 private sessions with her and she really is good. I have considered the Discord group as well but not sure yet if I need it or not.  Do you pay one month at a time for that?  I assume you can just pay month by month but wasn't sure.  Thank you!

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 04:10:18 pm »
There is something called free range psychiatry on tik tok and Instagram. She has a tapering support group that is $25 a month I think.