Weird Sleep Cycling

[Ne...]

When I have a very sleepless night I an energetic and not at all tired the following day.  But the nights that I have better sleep, I am tired the following day with actually taking a nap.  Pretty weird.  Anyone else experience this and any thoughts behind it?  Thanks in advance.

On days when I didn't sleep much the night before, I made it through the day fairly well but by evening I was toast and crashed early in the evening.  But the following day (after the good night's sleep) I was sluggish because I think it took a bit of time for the lack of sleep to catch up with me.  This became a pattern for me my first year off benzos.

Yes, I had that a lot until my sleep finally evened out for good.  It was as if I drank 4 pots of coffee and was totally wired through the night and the next day, but on nights I got some sleep or even up to 4 or 5 hours I felt more tired the next day.  I am confident it's all part of the healing and recovery process.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, Ive been getting a bit more sleep the last couple of nights, but feel as though I have a permanent hangover.

I think it must be the adrenaline kicking in when we havent slept that keeps us going, and when that wears off we feel more exhausted and may then sleep

• 1 month later...
Welp got 8 hours of sleep and then next night couldn't sleep. What is with this cycle? Does my body think one good night of sleep is good enough until My body is worn or I crash again?

Many on this forum, myself included, went through a cycle of sleep one night zero the next night.  Mine lasted a few months like that.  It lasted longer for others.  Eventually it goes away.

Thank you Theway2

I really appreciate you and your insight on this forum. I am glad it is at least following a pattern others have had.