Author Topic: Weird Sleep Cycling  (Read 349 times)

[Buddie]

Weird Sleep Cycling
« on: May 09, 2022, 11:30:48 pm »
When I have a very sleepless night I an energetic and not at all tired the following day.  But the nights that I have better sleep, I am tired the following day with actually taking a nap.  Pretty weird.  Anyone else experience this and any thoughts behind it?  Thanks in advance.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Weird Sleep Cycling
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 09:52:37 am »
On days when I didn't sleep much the night before, I made it through the day fairly well but by evening I was toast and crashed early in the evening.  But the following day (after the good night's sleep) I was sluggish because I think it took a bit of time for the lack of sleep to catch up with me.  This became a pattern for me my first year off benzos.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 11:37:36 am »
Yes, I had that a lot until my sleep finally evened out for good.  It was as if I drank 4 pots of coffee and was totally wired through the night and the next day, but on nights I got some sleep or even up to 4 or 5 hours I felt more tired the next day.  I am confident it's all part of the healing and recovery process.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 06:52:14 pm »
Same.

Sleep is so strange.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 08:14:11 pm »
Same

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2022, 08:34:14 am »
Yes, Ive been getting a bit more sleep the last couple of nights, but feel as though I have a permanent hangover.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2022, 11:09:00 am »
I think it must be the adrenaline kicking in when we havent slept that keeps us going, and when that wears off we feel more exhausted and may then sleep