Author Topic: How many symptoms have you had currently  (Read 390 times)

[Buddie]

How many symptoms have you had currently
« on: May 09, 2022, 07:44:58 am »
What's your status? Taper or cold turkey? And how many symptoms currently have you had.

A big issue im finding with influencers is they're often reference how they had all these symptoms way too much to count, then give you the most commonly reported symptoms ranging from anxiety, blurred vision, brain fog, intrusive thoughts and brain fog... Then they leave it at that which... It makes you crave more does it, as sufferers experiencing our sets of symptoms you come to videos and articles, blogs and support groups in hopes that you can feel connected with others, symptoms is something we all share yet finding a list more then just 15 symptoms seems difficult or someone will say "I've had all the symptoms you listed". Besides the common symptoms how many have you had currently? And if possible can you list some?
Currently I'm up to 138,most are posted in my "Symptoms so far, this is ridiculous" post on Benzo buddies... Like this really is ridiculous I keep cycling through symptoms and or old ones will pop back up getting more and more intense. I'll go 6 months without certain sets of symptoms, think back to those symptoms and bam it'll pop back up a day later... Does this end?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: How many symptoms have you had currently
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 03:58:23 am »
I was a rapid taper and jumped march 2020. Def had over 100 symptoms literally. I stopped counting after that. I have them written down. At some point you realize to stop focusing not he symptoms and start focusing on healing and inching your way back to a "normal" life:)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 08:22:30 pm »
I don't really track the symptoms, I think that focusing on that is a negative thought pattern and doesn't help with the healing process, I just go by how I'm feeling now compared to how I was feeling before and during my taper. I have been off the benzos since February and while I still very much have anxiety and trouble sleeping, I'm definitely better than I was during or before starting my taper other than the dry eye which is horrendous and seemingly permanent as the glands that produce the lipid layer have atrophied... I mean my agoraphobia has resolved so that already makes my life much better than it was.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 02:08:31 pm »
I’ve had way too many to count. They all reside at some point.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 09:25:37 pm »
I'm not sure why you want an extensive list of symptoms if you've had so many yourself.  I've had too many to count.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 11:46:04 pm »
I ct off of 0.5 ativan after 5 years

Started out with extreme anxiety, many panic attacks, [ tachycardia for hours ]
Vision issues where I felt I was going blind
Pots like bp and hr
Suspended rib cage [ felt like nerves ]
Rubber band around the stomach
Feeling ill like I was going to drop
Heavy weak arms and legs
Burning skin allover
Intermittent burning
Back pain [ excruciating] like ribs
Numb hands
Eye pain
Head pain
Stiff neck and shoulders
Waking up soaked in sweat
Hard to breath and low spo2 in sleep
Flushing of the face with tachycardia
Histamine issues with food
Pain in the limbs and hands and feet
Loss of self
Guilt
Extreme depression
Feeling as if one side of the body is numb
Stomach burning under the ribs
Side shocks like electricity
Dizziness when laying down
Tearing things just by reaching or bending over
Weird moments where it feels like my brain just shuts down
Detached from self
Extreme tiredness
Always thinking you're dying
Once after exertion I felt really hot then allover muscle pain and weakness and tachycardia
Irritable 80 % of the time
Feeling like I lost everyone I love
Intrusive thoughts that are terrifying
Visual hallucinations
Auditory hallucinations
Rashes
Spine sensitivity
Tongue Feeling numb
Tiredness of the face and eyes that feels like it isn't attached to my body
Temperature changes
Extreme shivering and teeth chattering
Death of the ego or..whatever
Waking up feeling like I'm not breathing and Sinking into the bed
My muscles feeling like paper just tearing
Nail color changes
Episodes of hyperventilation [ never had before ]

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2022, 01:46:50 am »
Hi [...],

I only used 1mg Ativan 5 weeks, then tapered 3 weeks.
Here is my list:

1. Full night insomnia (rare), broken sleep (often)
2. Inner agitation/jitters/vibrations (often)
3. Extreme Tinnitus (often)
5. Strong Nausea (rare), Moderate Nausea (often)
6. Dizzy/lightheaded/boatiness (often)
7. Chest tightness (often)
8. Tight throat (often)
9. Shortness of breath (often)
10. Feeling faint (often)
11. Clogged ears, pressure (often)
12. Chemical imbalance brain (often)
13. Palpitations, fast heart rate (often)
14. Increase in blood pressure (often)
15. Tremors in head, chest, abdomen (often)
16. Extreme Anxiety Attacks (often)
17. Chemical terror (often)
18. Extreme Stomach bloating (often)
19. Ears hissing/swishing (often)
20. Slight electric feeling coursing through body (often)
21. Strong Head pressure (often)
22. Heat radiating to feet (often)
23. Body in crisis, feeling the need to stand/walk/escape my tortured body (often)
24. Burning chest (rare)
25. Flushed hot face (rare)
26. PVCs (only lasted 1 week, then gone)
27. Strong Electricity from chest to hands (rare)
28. Toxic breathing or hot air (rare)
29. Stomach spasms/flutters (rare)
30. Chest/abdominal muscle tightness (rare)
31. Headaches (rare)
32. Cortisol surges in abdomen/buttocks (rare)
33. Tingling feet/hands/face (rare)
35. Night sweats (rare)
36. Feeling of blood coursing through chest (rare)
37. Brain zap to heart, causing instant increase in pulse (very rare)

Hope this helps in case you are wondering if what u r experiencing is similar…

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 02:10:48 am »
enough to not be able to work or enjoy anything in life. I honestly just want my akathisia to lessen and i think i could somewhat fake it and get by. but untill then im as good as bag of rocks

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2022, 07:51:11 am »
I ct off of 0.5 ativan after 5 years

Started out with extreme anxiety, many panic attacks, [ tachycardia for hours ]
Vision issues where I felt I was going blind
Pots like bp and hr
Suspended rib cage [ felt like nerves ]
Rubber band around the stomach
Feeling ill like I was going to drop
Heavy weak arms and legs
Burning skin allover
Intermittent burning
Back pain [ excruciating] like ribs
Numb hands
Eye pain
Head pain
Stiff neck and shoulders
Waking up soaked in sweat
Hard to breath and low spo2 in sleep
Flushing of the face with tachycardia
Histamine issues with food
Pain in the limbs and hands and feet
Loss of self
Guilt
Extreme depression
Feeling as if one side of the body is numb
Stomach burning under the ribs
Side shocks like electricity
Dizziness when laying down
Tearing things just by reaching or bending over
Weird moments where it feels like my brain just shuts down
Detached from self
Extreme tiredness
Always thinking you're dying
Once after exertion I felt really hot then allover muscle pain and weakness and tachycardia
Irritable 80 % of the time
Feeling like I lost everyone I love
Intrusive thoughts that are terrifying
Visual hallucinations
Auditory hallucinations
Rashes
Spine sensitivity
Tongue Feeling numb
Tiredness of the face and eyes that feels like it isn't attached to my body
Temperature changes
Extreme shivering and teeth chattering
Death of the ego or..whatever
Waking up feeling like I'm not breathing and Sinking into the bed
My muscles feeling like paper just tearing
Nail color changes
Episodes of hyperventilation [ never had before ]

Thank you for replying, sorry it took so long to reply back. I went a little crazy and retreated from. The world. You've had many symptoms I've had... Detached from self, Dizziness when laying down Stomach burning under the ribs
Feeling as if one side of the body is numb, Heavy weak arms and legs.... These are the symptoms I'm dealing with that I hardly see anyone else going through. Any chance any of them have gone away?

Mine is triggered by food. Sometimes food gets to me and other times I'm fine with a little bit of that food.