Miss Piggy needs advice

[Mi...]

Pamster

Do you think I could have tolerance withdrawal? I do not feel any benefit from taking the diazepam at all? This is my fifth week in this wave (and not from a cut but maybe stress).

I have a pysch meet tomo and I know they will try to increase my anti depressants. I am unsure of how to tackle this with them. They are not good on admitting anything to do with the benzos. I am in the uk.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mi...]

• [Pa...]

• [Ka...]

• [Li...]

Pamster

Do you think I could have tolerance withdrawal? I do not feel any benefit from taking the diazepam at all? This is my fifth week in this wave (and not from a cut but maybe stress).

I have a pysch meet tomo and I know they will try to increase my anti depressants. I am unsure of how to tackle this with them. They are not good on admitting anything to do with the benzos. I am in the uk.

I hope Pamster replies here but I want to say something about you psych wanting to increase your antidepressants.  Docs can make recommendations but ultimately it is up to you what you do or don't do.

Because a doctor wants to increase, decrease, stop or initiate a drug doesn't mean you have to do it.  I think it is right to listen to doc's recommendation but it is also a good idea to take it as exactly that - a recommendation and not a mandate.  Maybe add'l antidepressants will feel right to you and that is fine - many of our members take other medications.  But one of the lessons I learned in my whole benzo issue is to listen to my own voice, especially in relation to what feels right and true to me.  Additionally, if you psych is/was the prescriber of your benzos, it is likely they will never admit a problem with them.

Letting benzos go and beginning to champion my own life went a long way toward healing not only my body but also my psyche and the dreadful anxiety/depression I had for years has mostly healed.

Pamster

I don't know why you're feeling as you are, it could be tolerance, it could be stress or both but the more important question is what you're going to do about it.  I believe making a decision, putting together a plan of action then implementing that plan will help you find the strength you need to do what you need to do.  Whether its adding more medications, increasing your dose or tapering off, I believe its in your power to decide and do what is right for you.

Thank you Kate.

Did you cut your benzo despite your depression?

My mood was all over the place but I tapered on.  I was determined to get benzos out of my life because I had read enough here to know that benzos had not been doing me any good for a while - which I suspected but I finally got honest with myself about it.  I had a hitch at the end of my taper by jumping too soon but I switched to liquid then and that smoothed out the end of the taper for me.

[Thank you Pam. I think the only options are down or change temezepam to diazepam.

quote author=Pamster link=topic=268089.msg3375722#msg3375722 date=1653401653]

Pamster

I don't know why you're feeling as you are, it could be tolerance, it could be stress or both but the more important question is what you're going to do about it.  I believe making a decision, putting together a plan of action then implementing that plan will help you find the strength you need to do what you need to do.  Whether its adding more medications, increasing your dose or tapering off, I believe its in your power to decide and do what is right for you.

Thank you Kate

Thank you Kate.

Did you cut your benzo despite your depression?

My mood was all over the place but I tapered on.  I was determined to get benzos out of my life because I had read enough here to know that benzos had not been doing me any good for a while - which I suspected but I finally got honest with myself about it.  I had a hitch at the end of my taper by jumping too soon but I switched to liquid then and that smoothed out the end of the taper for me.

Kate and Pamster

Just to let you know I had my meeting today and they are going to simplify it so i have agreed to just have one benzo (diazepam) to reduce from. I said I did not want to change antid.

Hope this makes sense. Thank you both for your patience. X

Kate and Pamster

Just to let you know I had my meeting today and they are going to simplify it so i have agreed to just have one benzo (diazepam) to reduce from. I said I did not want to change antid.

This is great news MP!  Having things simplified makes a lot of sense.  I am also glad to hear you aren't taking on an antidepressant change right now.  It sounds to me like the stars are aligning for a taper for you MP.  We will root you on!    :thumbsup:

Thank you Kate. I am still really nervous and fear is here. I guess I have to get the brave pants on and try. I just wish, and hope, that combining the two gives me less anxiety and more confidence x

Kate and Pamster

This is great news MP!  Having things simplified makes a lot of sense.  I am also glad to hear you aren't taking on an antidepressant change right now.  It sounds to me like the stars are aligning for a taper for you MP.  We will root you on!    :thumbsup:

I agree, this is a good decision by you and your team, just making it has to feel like a weight has been lifted, indecision is so stressful.

Thank you Pamster. I am still worrying I have made the correct choice. Silly I know. My belief in myself is low just now x

I agree, this is a good decision by you and your team, just making it has to feel like a weight has been lifted, indecision is so stressful.

How long would you take to do the crossover and how would you do it?

We are taking out 10mg of Temezepam and replacing with 5mg of diazepam.

How long would you hold at that before reducing? Apprehensive I may lose sleep but we will see x

Insomnia is pretty much guaranteed for most of our members, we have a lot of tips to pass along but acceptance is key, acceptance that there really isn't anything you can do about, just one of the costs of becoming benzo free.

Are you planning to make the crossover in two stages or one?

Was thinking two? What would you recommend?

I hope it will lift my mood slightly as well.

Insomnia is pretty much guaranteed for most of our members, we have a lot of tips to pass along but acceptance is key, acceptance that there really isn't anything you can do about, just one of the costs of becoming benzo free.

It means I will be on 16mg of diazepam. I am very apprehensive but you think this is the best way to go.

I am such a worrier that I am so scared of the unknown.

X

Was thinking two? What would you recommend?

I hope it will lift my mood slightly as well.

I think two stages sounds like a good idea and it will only be the unknown until you do it.  I get it, I worry about stuff long before and its such a waste because it usually turns out to be no big deal.  I'm not talking about benzo's, just a facet of my personality I wish I could change.  :-\

Thank you.

I have just argued my point to do it in 2 steps. How long would you do the change over and how long should I settle before reducing?

I think two stages sounds like a good idea and it will only be the unknown until you do it.  I get it, I worry about stuff long before and its such a waste because it usually turns out to be no big deal.  I'm not talking about benzo's, just a facet of my personality I wish I could change.  :-\

Thank you.

I have just argued my point to do it in 2 steps. How long would you do the change over and how long should I settle before reducing?

I don't have personal experience but given your hesitancy and concern, I feel two steps is just the right amount of time.  Giving your symptoms time to settle before beginning a taper is preferable, so whenever you feel stable would be a good time to start.  You know how we define stable, right?  Not feeling great but able to perform your daily tasks. 

Thank you Pamster

All help, support and care very much appreciated x

Thank you.

I don't have personal experience but given your hesitancy and concern, I feel two steps is just the right amount of time.  Giving your symptoms time to settle before beginning a taper is preferable, so whenever you feel stable would be a good time to start.  You know how we define stable, right?  Not feeling great but able to perform your daily tasks.

Hi

Had another phone call. They want me to change over to liquid to reduce. This was not discussed at the meeting and I am apprehensive about moving brands. Already had problems with tablets earlier. Any advise appreciated. UK based x

Thank you Pamster

Thank you.

Do you think most people on this thread did a Daily Taper than a Cut and Hold? Been trying to read through and that is what seems to be the situation.

Please pass me your nuggets of information 🙂

hi piggy I'm gonna do a daily taper but i may push myself to the limits as i want rid of this shite out of me sorry for the language but as others have shown its each to there own i just think a daily taper is better for me then i feel like I'm actually getting somewhere than cut and hold but as i said everyones different i think its what you think ya self would be best and just go with it wishing you all the luck xx EDIT i see your UK based i cant get any help off my GP with benzo withdrawal have you gone to a private doctor as I'm amazed they are even helping i get a no they don't wanna know its better get on Heroin then they will give me Methadone the worlds all screwed with the pharmacy giants they don't care if your on a drug that cost pittance so they wont help me but i go the H route they help me cos they make money its a crazy world we live in money money money I'm not condoning the use of Heroin just to make that perfectly clear xxx thanks

Hi

Had another phone call. They want me to change over to liquid to reduce. This was not discussed at the meeting and I am apprehensive about moving brands. Already had problems with tablets earlier. Any advise appreciated. UK based x

Thank you Pamster

Who are they and what is the liquid?