Author Topic: Miss Piggy needs advice  (Read 1445 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Miss Piggy needs advice
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2022, 01:35:22 pm »
Breakfast 3mg v
Lunch 3mg v
Dinner 5mg v
Bed 10mg t

Plus we have the hrt, pop pill and antidepressants in there as well

I can't address your SI because we have a policy that prohibits the discussion of it but feeling hopeless can contribute to all sorts of negative emotions so its time to focus on what you can do, not what you can't and you have the power to do this.  Policy Concerning Suicide, Self harm and Threatening Behavior

If you agree with pressing forward on your taper, we'll need to know your exact doses of benzo's and what time you take them.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2022, 09:31:54 pm »
What is a "pop" pill and would you like to consider crossing the Temazepam over to Valium so you'll only be on one benzo?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2022, 06:06:03 am »
Progesterone only contraceptive pill
What would the benefits be for changing over?
Do you think it would lift my mood if I changed over?
Would I lose my sleep if I changed ove
r?
Sorry...so many questions
Thank you

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2022, 12:11:29 pm »
Thanks for letting us know what a pop is.

Changing to only one benzo would eliminate the shorter acting Temazepam which would give you a smoother taper but you don't have to do this, regardless, I believe the Temazepam needs to go first since it is the shorter acting. 

I don't feel your mood will be lifted until you're off of the 2 benzo's and recovered from your use, while tapering and once off the drugs you're going to have sleep issues and withdrawal symptoms until you recover so it's important to set realistic expectations.  Your symptoms will change, lessen, increase in intensity and decrease at times, you'll experience windows and waves but you're feeling all of this now so at least if you're tapering, you have hope for recovery, the way you are now, there is none.

Recovery is possible but in order to recover you have to be fully committed to this process.  Its long and it's hard but its your only chance for freedom.  If you stay on the drug, you'll most likely continue to be miserable, if you get off of it, you have a chance to live your best life. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2022, 05:19:38 pm »
Thank you [...]
Much appreciated.
Thanks for letting us know what a pop is.

Changing to only one benzo would eliminate the shorter acting Temazepam which would give you a smoother taper but you don't have to do this, regardless, I believe the Temazepam needs to go first since it is the shorter acting. 

I don't feel your mood will be lifted until you're off of the 2 benzo's and recovered from your use, while tapering and once off the drugs you're going to have sleep issues and withdrawal symptoms until you recover so it's important to set realistic expectations.  Your symptoms will change, lessen, increase in intensity and decrease at times, you'll experience windows and waves but you're feeling all of this now so at least if you're tapering, you have hope for recovery, the way you are now, there is none.

Recovery is possible but in order to recover you have to be fully committed to this process.  Its long and it's hard but its your only chance for freedom.  If you stay on the drug, you'll most likely continue to be miserable, if you get off of it, you have a chance to live your best life.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2022, 09:08:23 am »
[...]
Do you think I could have tolerance withdrawal? I do not feel any benefit from taking the diazepam at all? This is my fifth week in this wave (and not from a cut but maybe stress).
I have a pysch meet tomo and I know they will try to increase my anti depressants. I am unsure of how to tackle this with them. They are not good on admitting anything to do with the benzos. I am in the uk.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2022, 09:57:21 am »
[...]
Do you think I could have tolerance withdrawal? I do not feel any benefit from taking the diazepam at all? This is my fifth week in this wave (and not from a cut but maybe stress).
I have a pysch meet tomo and I know they will try to increase my anti depressants. I am unsure of how to tackle this with them. They are not good on admitting anything to do with the benzos. I am in the uk.

I hope [...] replies here but I want to say something about you psych wanting to increase your antidepressants.  Docs can make recommendations but ultimately it is up to you what you do or don't do.
 Because a doctor wants to increase, decrease, stop or initiate a drug doesn't mean you have to do it.  I think it is right to listen to doc's recommendation but it is also a good idea to take it as exactly that - a recommendation and not a mandate.  Maybe add'l antidepressants will feel right to you and that is fine - many of our members take other medications.  But one of the lessons I learned in my whole benzo issue is to listen to my own voice, especially in relation to what feels right and true to me.  Additionally, if you psych is/was the prescriber of your benzos, it is likely they will never admit a problem with them.

Letting benzos go and beginning to champion my own life went a long way toward healing not only my body but also my psyche and the dreadful anxiety/depression I had for years has mostly healed.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2022, 11:15:19 am »
Thank you [...].
Did you cut your benzo despite your depression?

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2022, 02:14:13 pm »
[...]

I don't know why you're feeling as you are, it could be tolerance, it could be stress or both but the more important question is what you're going to do about it.  I believe making a decision, putting together a plan of action then implementing that plan will help you find the strength you need to do what you need to do.  Whether its adding more medications, increasing your dose or tapering off, I believe its in your power to decide and do what is right for you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2022, 05:58:26 pm »
Thank you [...].
Did you cut your benzo despite your depression?

My mood was all over the place but I tapered on.  I was determined to get benzos out of my life because I had read enough here to know that benzos had not been doing me any good for a while - which I suspected but I finally got honest with myself about it.  I had a hitch at the end of my taper by jumping too soon but I switched to liquid then and that smoothed out the end of the taper for me.