Is anyone able to collet disability from this

[Be...]

I love to work but this is really incapacitating me. I'm sure it would probably help me to get out and do something and be around other people but every time I try it just doesn't happen. I hope you all understand this. I just think if I could step back and eliminate a couple stress factors from my life I

could deal with this a little better at least till I get this a little more under control. Please curious what you think. Thanks all.

Hi Benzofree25

Unfortunately I can't help with your question as I live in Australia. But I've moved your thread to Withdrawal Support as I think you'll get more answers here.  :thumbsup:

I was able to take FMLA from work and go on short term disability. I just had my doctor fill out the paperwork and send it in to my company.

I was finally approved for SSDI but it took approx. 2 years to finally get. You need the medical evidence to substantiate a MDI (SSA medically determinable impairment). You can not use benzo w/d as a MDI. You must use something like GAD, Panic Disorder, etc if your work impairment is psychological.

It does take away a lot of the financial stress and worry and allows you to focus on healing and recovery. I still hate it tho bc it is a lot less than the money I was making.

You need to be insured also for SSDI. If not, SSI is an option, but it is a lot less money and more of a PITA bc of the resource limits. Essentially, you must have very little money and assets that could be converted into money to meet the nonmedical requirements for SSI. For SSI, you have to meet both the medical and nonmedical requirements. For SSDI, you could be a millionaire, still apply, and be approved as long as you can prove disability using your medical records from an AMS (acceptable medical source).

https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0422505003

I was able to take FMLA from work and go on short term disability. I just had my doctor fill out the paperwork and send it in to my company.

How much STD do you have Xray? I exhausted my STD (6 months) and still could not RTW (return to work). I am now on SSA LTD (SSDI).

I was finally approved for SSDI but it took approx. 2 years to finally get. You need the medical evidence to substantiate a MDI (SSA medically determinable impairment). You can not use benzo w/d as a MDI. You must use something like GAD, Panic Disorder, etc if your work impairment is psychological.

It does take away a lot of the financial stress and worry and allows you to focus on healing and recovery. I still hate it tho bc it is a lot less than the money I was making.

You need to be insured also for SSDI. If not, SSI is an option, but it is a lot less money and more of a PITA bc of the resource limits. Essentially, you must have very little money and assets that could be converted into money to meet the nonmedical requirements for SSI. For SSI, you have to meet both the medical and nonmedical requirements. For SSDI, you could be a millionaire, still apply, and be approved as long as you can prove disability using your medical records from an AMS (acceptable medical source).

https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0422505003

Pretty much this only it took me from 1/2010 until 3/2014 (denied on initial app, my state didn't have reconsideration so it went to the ALJ queue, denied by ALJ, appeals council refused to hear my case, re-filed and was denied again on initial application, still no reconsideration step so it went to the ALJ queue, approved by ALJ who also overturned my previous denial and reinstated my full benefits because he believed I should have won my case from the start) to finally win my SSDI benefits. I lost everything I had to that fight and was only able to survive because I found someone who understood and let me crash on his couch.

It was worth it in the end though because if I had kept trying to work, I would have never been able to get off the benzos.

Congrats EtherealRemnant. It is a PITA but like you said, worth fighting for in the end (+ you got all your backpay  :)). You actually pay for this disability insurance coverage with your FICA tax dollars when you are working, so why not file a claim if you become medically disabled and unable to work.

I don't see how some benzo sick ppl continue to work. I did manage for 25 years but after my last meltdown, I just could not continue working no matter how hard I tried.

If you apply and are denied at the application level, get an attorney or nonattorney rep. They all work on contingency.