Temazepam pro tem

[gl...]

Hi, would you recommend taking temazepam like from time to time when I can't fall asleep ?

Can I just take it one day and then another day in a week or two for example.

No.  I became dependent on day 16 and stopped on day 21.  I am now in my 11th month of recovery and have not yet slept one night as good as before I started taking Temazepam.  It was poison for me and the withdrawal is one of the worst all encompassing experiences I have had in my 68 years of life - it even tops when a masked gunman laid on top of me  in my car and put a gun to my neck!

No. Taking it PDR is the slippery slope to taking it every night imo. And then you end up with a nasty case of dependence. I believed I could take an Ambien now and then. Ha.

Finding out why it is you can't sleep will be much more productive (also imo). Sleep apnea? Room too hot? Too light? Snoring husband? Work stress? In the meantime there are plenty of benign go-to-sleep aids . . . camomille tea and YouTube sleep stories/music are the first things that come to mind. They helped me a great deal.

Best,

Katz

so have many doses you have ever taken ?

21 doses of 15 mg total of which 5 of the 21 were half doses.

problem is that you won't just take it now and again, you will come to rely on it and then you are back to square one.

It is really bad I was addicted to from 2017 to 2022

I would take 3 sometimes.  It gave me severe anxiety and panic and would have to stay up all night when I was taking it.  I would do anything to get a pill.  It made me age and get premature wrinkles from abusing it.  Gnarly, I asked two doctors to take me off it.

Thinking of taking Tamazepam or any other Benzo is no different than saying "should I take rat poison?" 

The answer is always no.  CBT-i is 80% as effective for sleep as Rx drugs...

I'd definitely go down the natural, herbal, OTC route and stay far away from the Rx road, which is a dead end road anyway!

If you keep Benzos in your house, you'll be super tempted to take them in a moment of weakness, especially at 1 or 2 am when you haven't fallen asleep yet.

I've been there and done that.  The only solution is to rid your house of all Benzos.

Learn how to meditate, play relaxing music...as others have said, there are a plethora of non-Benzo, non-Rx drug options to help with sleep.  Sometimes it's as easy as making a "to do" list and actually writing it out on paper the night before...

Good luck!

Hi, would you recommend taking temazepam like from time to time when I can't fall asleep ?

Can I just take it one day and then another day in a week or two for example.

In some individuals, repeated use and discontinuation of a benzodiazepine may result in central sensitization (kindling).

Kindling: Sensitization of the nervous system due to repeated use and discontinuation of benzodiazepines. With each successive instance of use/discontinuation, the individual is at higher risk for experiencing more severe withdrawal symptoms.

To learn more:

Kindling - The Alliance for Benzodiazepine Best Practices

https://benzoreform.org/kindling/

Kindling - Benzodiazepine Information Coalition

https://www.benzoinfo.com/kindling/