Need help figuring out how to liquid micro taper clonazepam

[no...]

Been on clonazepam for 15 years and currently at 1.75mg (having tolerance withdrawl and do not wish to go up but wish to taper off).

Where do I start? Any help would be super appreciated. I’d like to go slow, perhaps 5% a month as I’m dealing with a slowly dying parent and then all of the after stuff like estate, legal stuff, taxes, etc. Life’s brutal right now but I want to start a micro taper. These tolerance withdrawals are not making it any easier.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks folks.

I am sorry your parent is ill and life is stressful for you but having been in tolerance at one time myself, I can see how that would make things more difficult for you.  Have you already tapered some of your clonazepam and if so, how have you done it?  If would be helpful if you gave us some background.  Here is how you add your signature/medication history:

Add your history/signature

I am sorry your parent is ill and life is stressful for you but having been in tolerance at one time myself, I can see how that would make things more difficult for you.  Have you already tapered some of your clonazepam and if so, how have you done it?  If would be helpful if you gave us some background.  Here is how you add your signature/medication history:

Add your history/signature

I think I worked out a decent plan on a spreadsheet.

1st 150 days at 1.75 in 350ml of milk I will pull 1ml each day - total 42.9%

2nd 150 days I will be at 1mg in 300ml of milk. I will be at 71.2%

3rd 150 days I will be at .5MG in 150ml of milk - to zero.

It’s all a reduction of around 8-9% per 30 days (give or take)

I tried to make it as even as possible.

450 days total (probably with some holds in there but hopefully not).

I was a heavy drinker so I will not be absorbing anything in Vodka. No Vodka allowed in my house. My wife does like her glass of wine once in a while but that’s all the booze allowed. It’s a personal thing

How does this sound Benzo buddies?

I ruled out dry cutting because I live in a small 3dr condo with three children running around and didn’t want to look like Walter White in my small kitchen with scales and shit.

I ordered:

A pill crusher (good one)

A pill cutter (good one)

A Mason jar with plastic lid

4 smaller jars for dosing (I think I’ll dose 4 times per day)

50ml syringes

20ml syringes

10ml syringes

I think that covers it.

Not too fast and not too slow (slower than the recommended 10% per 14 days from what I have seen here).

Good?

I'm glad you've come up with a plan you are comfortable with.  I dry tapered until I couldn't cut any longer because the doses were too small and then I switched to a liquid taper very similar to yours.  I tried dissolving clonazepam in milk and water and it didn't dissolve in either (in my kitchen :-) so I used water to taper and I shook it vigorously before dosing and dosed immediately.  I didn't use alcohol for the same reason you aren't using it.

I know what you mean about feeling like Walter White - it felt a bit sinister to be crushing and mixing drugs in my kitchen but it was for a good cause  :-)

Good that you are giving yourself permission to hold when/if necessary.  A good taper plan is one of the keys to success but it should have some leeway built into it.  It also would be helpful if you kept a journel to track your progress and any symptoms you have along the way.  Withdrawl symptoms and how you are functioning in your daily life are good guide as to how you are doing and can give you clues as to when and if you need to hold.

I look forward to hearing about your progress norcalbob.  :thumbsup:

Tip of the hat for recognizing the importance adjusting your taper plan on a regular basis to keep your taper rate in the ‘just right for norcalbob’ range!  Your initial plan looks solid but please do revisit it on a regular basis (e.g. once a month). 

I strongly encourage you to follow Kate08’s suggestion to keep a daily taper journal.  Your journal will be your primary data source for determining if your taper rate is too fast, too slow, or ‘just right for norcalbob.’  It can be as simple as the date, times and amounts of doses, and a rating of your withdrawal symptoms and functionality levels (0 = no symptoms, no functionality issues; 10 = intolerable symptoms; unable to function).

I do have one slight concern with the approach you’ve proposed  —  drug loss due to surface transfer when using the pill-crusher.  To address this, after you finish crushing your tablets, you could add some of the milk to the crusher, swirl it around to remove any surface residue, add the rinse liquid to your mixing container, then add the remainder of the milk.

Or, you could forgo the pill crusher.  Instead, split your tablets to expose more surface area, put them in the mixing container, and add a little bit of water to ‘jump start’ the tablet dispersion (disintegration) process. (If you go with this option, you would need to make a slight adjustment in the amount of milk you use to account for the extra amount of water.)

In case you’re interested ….

The use of whole-fat, homogenized milk to prepare homebrew clonazepam liquid has a long and successful track record here on the forum.  My understanding of the theory behind why milk works is that clonazepam molecules are lipophilic (fat-liking) so they have an ‘affinity’ for the fat globules in the milk.  In homogenized milk, fat globules are evenly distributed throughout the milk so the clonazepam molecules are as well.

Tip of the hat for recognizing the importance adjusting your taper plan on a regular basis to keep your taper rate in the ‘just right for norcalbob’ range!  Your initial plan looks solid but please do revisit it on a regular basis (e.g. once a month). 

I strongly encourage you to follow Kate08’s suggestion to keep a daily taper journal.  Your journal will be your primary data source for determining if your taper rate is too fast, too slow, or ‘just right for norcalbob.’  It can be as simple as the date, times and amounts of doses, and a rating of your withdrawal symptoms and functionality levels (0 = no symptoms, no functionality issues; 10 = intolerable symptoms; unable to function).

I do have one slight concern with the approach you’ve proposed  —  drug loss due to surface transfer when using the pill-crusher.  To address this, after you finish crushing your tablets, you could add some of the milk to the crusher, swirl it around to remove any surface residue, add the rinse liquid to your mixing container, then add the remainder of the milk.

Or, you could forgo the pill crusher.  Instead, split your tablets to expose more surface area, put them in the mixing container, and add a little bit of water to ‘jump start’ the tablet dispersion (disintegration) process. (If you go with this option, you would need to make a slight adjustment in the amount of milk you use to account for the extra amount of water.)

In case you’re interested ….

The use of whole-fat, homogenized milk to prepare homebrew clonazepam liquid has a long and successful track record here on the forum.  My understanding of the theory behind why milk works is that clonazepam molecules are lipophilic (fat-liking) so they have an ‘affinity’ for the fat globules in the milk.  In homogenized milk, fat globules are evenly distributed throughout the milk so the clonazepam molecules are as well.

Good call on the pill crusher. I didn’t even think about that. It’s not the kind where I could submerge it in milk so I’ll take your advice and just cut them up into pieces and dissolve.

I was reading some forums here last night and it looks like I need to tackle the Ambien first or else I can “kindle” myself (Zolpidem is a benzo in disguise) from what I’m reading. Dammit. 

I thought it might be helpful during K withdrawl/taper but looks like I have it backwards.

So I should tackle that first and get through it.

Wondering how to taper that nasty stuff. Any recommendations?

And the shape my Ambien comes in (auribindo pharm) is not really cuttable. The 10mg tablet has an E 79 stamped on it. Kind of shaped like a bath tub. Hmmmmm what to do.

You can’t just quarter it. Most you can do is half it.

Any advice on tapering Ambien would be appreciated. Maybe a liquid? I don’t know.

I'm glad you've come up with a plan you are comfortable with.  I dry tapered until I couldn't cut any longer because the doses were too small and then I switched to a liquid taper very similar to yours.  I tried dissolving clonazepam in milk and water and it didn't dissolve in either (in my kitchen :-) so I used water to taper and I shook it vigorously before dosing and dosed immediately.  I didn't use alcohol for the same reason you aren't using it.

I know what you mean about feeling like Walter White - it felt a bit sinister to be crushing and mixing drugs in my kitchen but it was for a good cause  :-)

Good that you are giving yourself permission to hold when/if necessary.  A good taper plan is one of the keys to success but it should have some leeway built into it.  It also would be helpful if you kept a journel to track your progress and any symptoms you have along the way.  Withdrawl symptoms and how you are functioning in your daily life are good guide as to how you are doing and can give you clues as to when and if you need to hold.

Thanks Kate. I hope I have better success with dissolving than you did *fingers crossed*

Looks like I need to tackle the Ambien first :facepalm:

Any advice on tapering that would be appreciated. Not sure how to go about that. What % cuts, how often, etc. I didn’t even know it has its own withdrawl symptoms (I take 15-20mg per night) ugh.

I don't know why my clonazepam didn't dissolve in whole milk.  I crushed it first but maybe it was the manufacturer - it was a generic brand.  We have a support group for Ambien and other Z drugs and here is the link.  Hopefully you can get some useful information there:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97331.0

Thanks a ton!

Kate08:  Do you perchance mean to say that your clonazepam tablet did not disperse (as in disintegrate, fall apart) as readily in milk as it did in water alone?  (Dispersion is not the same as dissolving.)

I don't know why my clonazepam didn't dissolve in whole milk.  I crushed it first but maybe it was the manufacturer - it was a generic brand.  We have a support group for Ambien and other Z drugs and here is the link.  Hopefully you can get some useful information there:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97331.0

Thanks a ton!

Kate08:  Do you perchance mean to say that your clonazepam tablet did not disperse (as in disintegrate, fall apart) as readily in milk as it did in water alone?  (Dispersion is not the same as dissolving.)

It basically stayed in the same form as when I crushed it - the milk seemed to have no effect on the larger chunks of the crush I did.  I got the same effect in water - no real difference in the crushed pill after adding water.  And the particles sunk to the bottom of the mix just at they did in water.

I am doing milk titration too..... does anyone know if this is ok?  So I'm low on the .5Mg I am titrating (at like .13mg).  Instead of throwing away the amount I'm not going to use, can I pull out what I am going to use (In my case 20 ML out of 75ML).  Then I'd have enough from the same batch for tomorrow to pull out another 20ML.  Does that make sense?

Thanks Kate. I hope I have better success with dissolving than you did *fingers crossed*

Any advice on tapering that would be appreciated. Not sure how to go about that. What % cuts, how often, etc. I didn’t even know it has its own withdrawl symptoms (I take 15-20mg per night) ugh.

Per link Benzo Detox how to guide part 3 - he dissolved for 24 hours.  my did not disolve quickely but it did by 24 hours

Per link Benzo Detox how to guide part 3 - he dissolved for 24 hours.  my did not disolve quickely but it did by 24 hours

Very nice catch!  24hrs. Makes sense. Thank you Charlene.

As for your question above, I have no idea. I don’t see why not but don’t take my advice. My syringes haven’t even arrived yet.

I’m envious of your dose, though. Excellent job.

Very nice catch!  24hrs. Makes sense. Thank you Charlene.

As for your question above, I have no idea. I don’t see why not but don’t take my advice. My syringes haven’t even arrived yet.

I’m envious of your dose, though. Excellent job.

My dose is only slightly lower than yours at 1.63.  I'm just doing the .5mg separately.  I am following in your footsteps and going to do more than 75 days.  I'm having a hard time with benzo belly.  Wish you all the best and I'm glad there is someone else doing the milk titration at this point. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1DgY33JKpE    Per link Benzo Detox how to guide part 3 - he dissolved for 24 hours.  my did not disolve quickely but it did by 24 hours

In a later video (see link below), Crazy Canuck shared his discovery that he could speed up the tablet dispersion process by adding a little water to the tablet, waiting a bit for the tablet to disperse (as in fall apart) then adding the milk.

Link:

Benzo Detox - Top 10 Questions Answered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1DgY33JKpE    Per link Benzo Detox how to guide part 3 - he dissolved for 24 hours.  my did not disolve quickely but it did by 24 hours

In a later video (see link below), Crazy Canuck shared his discovery that he could speed up the tablet dispersion process by adding a little water to the tablet, waiting a bit for the tablet to disperse (as in fall apart) then adding the milk.

Link:

Benzo Detox - Top 10 Questions Answered

Thanks Libertas.... would you look at my first post above.... want to know if I can use 1 batch for two nights since I'm low on one of my .5 tablets.  thank you

Are you referring to this post?

I am doing milk titration too..... does anyone know if this is ok?  So I'm low on the .5Mg I am titrating (at like .13mg).  Instead of throwing away the amount I'm not going to use, can I pull out what I am going to use (In my case 20 ML out of 75ML).  Then I'd have enough from the same batch for tomorrow to pull out another 20ML.  Does that make sense?

If so, are you asking if it would be ok to use the measure/ingest approach versus measure/discard?

Are you referring to this post?

If so, are you asking if it would be ok to use the measure/ingest approach versus measure/discard?

Yes.  I think that is what I'm asking, so that I can use one batch for two nights (at least now since I am at .13mg in 75 ML of water.  It seems a shame to waste.  I get very confused about the measure/ingest approach if there is such a thing (like the measurements)

You’ve lost me.  I thought you were making a homebrew liquid with milk.

Are you using water?

In either case, to help you, we need to know exactly what you are doing.  How are you preparing your liquid?  How are you currently dosing?

I will not be able to assist you any further but hopefully someone else will stop by to do so.

You’ve lost me.  I thought you were making a homebrew liquid with milk.

Are you using water?

In either case, to help you, we need to know exactly what you are doing.  How are you preparing your liquid?  How are you currently dosing?

I will not be able to assist you any further but hopefully someone else will stop by to do so.

I am making homebrew with milk.  75ML dropping in my .5mg Klonopin. I just started this three days ago on May 9th. And I was doing the measuring out and throwing away 55ML and drinking the rest.  I'm at .13MG (equals 20 ML to drink) of the .5MG pill that I'm dropping in.  All I'm asking is when I get down to these small doses like .13MG can I save the batch for the next night instead of using a new pill since I have 55 ML in the old batch.  Or is that not recommended.  Last night was the first night where I had a brand new batch (so a .5 MG pill and instead of throwing away 55 ML, I pulled out 20ML. put it in a different jar and drank that).  So I have enough again for tonight to pull out 20ML from that same batch(I'm holding for a couple of days).  That way I save a .5MG pill.    not sure if I'm making sense