GABA for sleep?

[Ga...]

I tried it. First night it worked beautifully. Slept pretty good. The 2nd night I was up all night sweating and shaking like acute. Not sure if it was the gaba but I never took again after that. The only way for you to know if it works for you is to try it.

I have tried it several times. Did not help me. Like Xray said tho, the only way to know is to try. Good luck...

It did not seem to make my tolerance w/d sxs any worse, FYI.

I tried GABA supplements many times and they did not help...there is debate if GABA supplements can cross the blood-brain barrier and even if they can, how much can they help induce sedation/sleep?  Some say it works as they have a "leaky" blood-brain barrier so more of the supplement actually gets to the brain, but nothing short of an Rx drug will "knock" you out and induce sleep like a Benzo can.  But I wouldn't take another Benzo...EVER!

As others have said, the only way to know for sure is to try it for several nights.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
I read a section from the Ashton manual that it's not the lack of GABA, rather there are no GABA receptors for it to hold on to as they have all been down regulated, or shrunk. You can take all the GABA you want but it will not work. At least not for me. Until I read this and it made perfect sense.