Author Topic: Antibiotics help  (Read 300 times)

[Buddie]

Antibiotics help
« on: May 07, 2022, 04:13:10 am »
I am having a couple health issues and I'm afraid I am going to have to go on antibiotics. I have read that we shouldn't take a certain type of them. Can someone please tell me what if any antibiotics I can take if needed?  I am allergic to penicillin which narrows down what I can take also.
I am currently tapering clonazepam and haven't been real stable so I don't want to risk any setbacks.
Need answers quick!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Antibiotics help
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 11:27:51 am »
Here is a link to information regarding antibiotics that should be helpful:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=36633.0

I took these sorts of antibiotics (I took Cipro) during my taper and didn't have any problems with them so it seems that the experience is individual.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Antibiotics help
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 02:51:54 pm »
The only antibiotics I ever had trouble with were Cipro (a rash) and doxycycline (2 months of serious nausea). Others were okay. The link [...] gave you should be helpful.

[...]