I made it!!

[He...]

I'm very proud of myself and excited to say that I am DONE with my titration taper!!!!!

I owe a huge part of that to this group! I found info for my taper here and read post after post and wrote some of my own. I actually finished early because I jumped! Originally I would of been finished May 14th but on April 29th I woke up really early, too early for my morning dose.. I would of been at .2667 of 1mg Ativan. I held off dosing and next thing I knew it was lunchtime.. I still didn't dose... next thing it was dinner.. no dose yet... I had no desire to drink it or reaction from not drinking it. I never picked it up again.. April 28th at 9pm was my last dose. I have had zero symptoms and I had my weekly Dr appt for checking on my taper Tuesday... my Dr was very proud of me. On Wednesday I dropped my RX off at my local police station in the med drop box and I smiled so big... said GOODBYE to the bottle of Ativan as it hit the metal of the drop box!! The reading materials here and all the posts I've read helped me truly keep a strong mindset and I owe this group a huge THANKYOU!!!

Gitfiddle-51

Thankyou!!! I read your signature and I congratulate you as well.. how are you feeling?

Congratulations and well done, Helen11.

Am I understanding correctly that you used a homebrew liquid made with regular Ativan tablets and milk to taper? 

Gitfiddle-51

Thankyou!!! I read your signature and I congratulate you as well.. how are you feeling?

Thanks Helen. I’m doing well!  On the first day without Xanax my dear husband had a heart attack and ended up having angioplasty. I drove back and forth from the hospital with no panic attacks.  Plus I’ve also been weaning off 17 years of estrogen replacement.  Have had some insomnia but not nearly as bad as in the past. I’m feeling much calmer now. 

Gitfiddle-51

I'm so sorry to hear that about your husband and my prayers are with you all. I hope he recovers good and I know he must be very proud of you. Im very glad you had no panic attacks that day and were able to focus your all on your hubby.

Libertas,

Thankyou!! Yes I found a milk titration taper that I followed. I used whole milk because when a pill dissolves it adheres to the fat in the milk and its more evenly distributed. I used 120ml of whole milk and put 1mg Ativan in it. Shake it up. After about 20 minutes I pulled 1ml of the solution and tossed it (increase the pull amount by 1ml each day). The rest of the solution i divided up into 3 or 4 even doses to drink throughout the day. The 120ml titration would of taken 120 days to complete. Eventually I jumped to pull 2ml per day instead of 1ml because my body and mind were fine. I wasn't really even thinking about it on April 29th.. I knew i didn't take it yet but my desire wasn't there so I just continued on with my day. If I felt I needed it I would have taken my dose and continued on with the daily reduction. There was a video on YouTube that the guy who did the milk titration had a link for a spread sheet that you can go in and put your benzo information to see the daily pull out amount to toss and it also shows you how much of the benzo is in your daily solution. I think his info really helped me alot.

Congratulations Helen11, this is wonderful news and the fact that you feel good is amazing, I'm very happy for you.  :smitten:

Thank you Helen for your kind words and prayers.  He’s doing very well and feeling better than he has in a long time . They put in stints.  I pray you’ll continue to  feel better with each day.  :smitten:

Pamster!!! Thankyou for everything! I really appreciate you so much for all the knowledge you shared with me!!

I'm very proud of myself and excited to say that I am DONE with my titration taper!!!!!

I owe a huge part of that to this group! I found info for my taper here and read post after post and wrote some of my own. I actually finished early because I jumped! Originally I would of been finished May 14th but on April 29th I woke up really early, too early for my morning dose.. I would of been at .2667 of 1mg Ativan. I held off dosing and next thing I knew it was lunchtime.. I still didn't dose... next thing it was dinner.. no dose yet... I had no desire to drink it or reaction from not drinking it. I never picked it up again.. April 28th at 9pm was my last dose. I have had zero symptoms and I had my weekly Dr appt for checking on my taper Tuesday... my Dr was very proud of me. On Wednesday I dropped my RX off at my local police station in the med drop box and I smiled so big... said GOODBYE to the bottle of Ativan as it hit the metal of the drop box!! The reading materials here and all the posts I've read helped me truly keep a strong mindset and I owe this group a huge THANKYOU!!!

CONGRATS!!!! Omg this is a happy day for you 🙌🏾💪🏾 I applaud you! Keep on recovering and doing well!