Walked off Clonazepam!

[3c...]

[3c...]

Hi everyone,

I am so excited to have something to share here in the BB Celebrations and Milestones! After a 15+ year dependency on Clonazepam, I just completed my two year, 4-month taper. As of today, I am free from taking benzos ever again!

I wanted to taper my 2mg/day in six months so I started with some bigger cuts.  Well, those large cuts caught up with me and I got a real taste of how painful coming off these drugs can be.  I found BB, read the Ashton Manual, and slowed down.  I took a couple of long holds to stabilize and I also added an AD to be able to continue to function after having acute-like symptoms but I pressed forward and took it all the way down to .001 to walk off today.

I’m feeling pretty good and I have no expectation of what’s to come. I know the truths of benzo wd from that I’ve learned here and I am aware that I will now enter a recovery phase. The only way out is through, and I’m determined to see this through and regain my life again.  Thank you for your support.  This is a lonely journey and this forum makes it easier. 

Congratulations RodgerThat, I love your attitude and realistic expectations, here's to an uneventful and smooth recovery!  :thumbsup:

Hi everyone,

I am so excited to have something to share here in the BB Celebrations and Milestones! After a 15+ year dependency on Clonazepam, I just completed my two year, 4-month taper. As of today, I am free from taking benzos ever again!

I wanted to taper my 2mg/day in six months so I started with some bigger cuts.  Well, those large cuts caught up with me and I got a real taste of how painful coming off these drugs can be.  I found BB, read the Ashton Manual, and slowed down.  I took a couple of long holds to stabilize and I also added an AD to be able to continue to function after having acute-like symptoms but I pressed forward and took it all the way down to .001 to walk off today.

I’m feeling pretty good and I have no expectation of what’s to come. I know the truths of benzo wd from that I’ve learned here and I am aware that I will now enter a recovery phase. The only way out is through, and I’m determined to see this through and regain my life again.  Thank you for your support.  This is a lonely journey and this forum makes it easier.

Congratulations RodgerThat! You did it!

My prayer is that from this day forward your days are better and brighter.

God bless you.

Congratulations RogerThat!  Great job!  You might be pleasantly surprised and continue to do well.  I'm 9 days out and it's getting better with each day.  Fingers crossed friend.  :)

RodgerThat, congrats to you!  So glad you've joined the club of those of us have officially kicked clonezepam to the curb!!  Well done!