Severe akathesia

[Tu...]

Hi. Have very bad akathesia since my antibiotics setback. Has anyone recovered from this.?  Having a hard time need some help today

Tulip

This is the wrong area on this forum to request support...this is for success stories only...this post will be moved.

Hey there Tulip.  I am so sorry you are having to go through a setback.  I know from first hand experience setbacks can be the worst.  The absolute worst! 

I have recovered from terrible akathesia.  Mine was in the form of having to pace around my house all day long.  It took about 3 months to go away completely but was tolerable about a month out.

You will recover from this!  Hang in there!

Thank you. I’ve had it during my taper and off. I’m 6 months off. Home it will get better one day

This is the wrong area on this forum to request support...this is for success stories only...this post will be moved.

I know I had it removed. Thank you

Hey there Tulip.  I am so sorry you are having to go through a setback.  I know from first hand experience setbacks can be the worst.  The absolute worst! 

I have recovered from terrible akathesia.  Mine was in the form of having to pace around my house all day long.  It took about 3 months to go away completely but was tolerable about a month out.

You will recover from this!  Hang in there!

Do beta blockers help akathesia. Or any other meds ?

JBen. Sorry your going through a rough time as well. I read that beta blockers help akathesia symptoms. Scared to try it but my symptoms are so severe every second day. Mental symptoms hit me every other day. Trying to stay positive. It can take a long time to get better  Hope it happens soon for both of us.

Tulip

Yes Tulip. Propranolol helps with the Akathisia. I have the Akathisia and my Dr. gave me propranolol and it stopped the Akathisia, but the problem I had was the propranolol causes me bad shortness of breath, so now I only take it when I cannot stand the Akathisia any longer.  You should speak to your Dr. about getting a script for it.

Yes Tulip. Propranolol helps with the Akathisia. I have the Akathisia and my Dr. gave me propranolol and it stopped the Akathisia, but the problem I had was the propranolol causes me bad shortness of breath, so now I only take it when I cannot stand the Akathisia any longer.  You should speak to your Dr. about getting a script for it.

I will look into this. So does this drug work for most people.? Can it rev up symptoms.  Accidentdepentant tried it but didn’t work for him. Why it works or some and not others. How much did you take ?  Did it work right away. Sorry for all the questions

I need some relief. Even if it’s half the amount

Tulip

Yes it worked about an hour after I took it. I took 10mg.  Everything revs up my symptoms including most food. Propranolol is the only thing that does not rev me up.  i would at least try it. There is nothing worse than the Akathisia!!  It is horrilbe ...  I see you are taking gabapentin. i tried the gabapentin but that  caused me increased akathisia.

Yes it works for many people. It is the first thing that most Drs. prescribe for Akathisia. It only stays in the system for between 3 to 6 hrs. so you may need to take it a few times per day.