75 Years Old Today and 25 Months Plus Two Weeks Benzo Free!

[Ga...]

Today is a momentous day for me as I mark a major birthday milestone of 75 years, but, more importantly, I celebrate with much joy my 25 month plus two weeks freedom from Valium!  I am very close to writing my success story as I have seen major improvements over the past month!  Those brain shattering almost every day headaches of three years have finally dissipated, only showing up briefly once in a blue moon.  Plus, no more benzo flu which I suffered with almost every two weeks from day one.  I am back to enjoying tomatoes and most of the other foods I was sensitive to, can handle stress without creating a wave, and am now back to my favorite hobby of gardening.  My social life is back on track and I am enjoying seeing my old friends and participating in activities that I had been unable to enjoy for so many months.

The best advice I was given by the moderators, administrators, and benzo buddies who had written their success stories was this:  Time and Patience is what you have to practice and hold onto!  I found nothing else during my benzo journey to wellness than those two things!  Oh, and Distraction is a key component and will serve you well on those hours days weeks and months when it seems as if you will never feel or be better.  Thank goodness for books, movies, trivia quizzes, and my dear supportive husband and my sweet kitty, Sierra.

So, today I will celebrate being alive, brimming with enthusiasm and thankful for having reached the light at the end of a tunnel, a tunnel which does lead each of us to the forever window!

Hugs,

GG

yeay Congrats Gardenguru! Today and all the days I hope you take a nap, bask in the sun, enjoy snacks and treats, tend to your garden,  all the little things in life that make life big.

You are the best buddy to this benzo buddy, and I hope to hear that your right sided head pain disappears sooner than later!

Hugs,

GG

GG!!!  All love and hugs and smiles and celebrations coming your way! Happy, happy birthday!  :happybday::yippee::clap::balloon::smitten:

[e9...]

Happy Birthday GG!!

So happy that you are seeing major improvements!!

So glad you’re enjoying your garden, family and friends - oh and tomatoes!!

I most excited to hear that your dreaded headaches are gone!

That’s one thing we shared through it all!

Hugs!

Winnie

Happy Happy Birthday GG!  You inspire me.  I'm not far behind you (70) and it's always so encouraging to hear success stories from our generation.  Kudos, and happy gardening! 

Gg!!!! This is the most amazing post! I’m so happy for u! I can’t think of a better birthday present than this! I am so happy for u those headaches have finally left the building! (Does that mean no more visits to that cute neuro doc? Hehe)

Best news ever! Happy birthday my sweet book buddie. I can’t wait to read ur success story xx

Thanks to each of you who celebrated with me on my two milestones.  I continue to do well and am rejoicing each and every morning I wake up feeling like the “old” me, yet younger than my 75 years.  Age really is just a number and there are old people at 30 and young people at 90.  Any age is a blessing this I know to be true.

Healing hugs🙏🙏🙏🥰🥰😍🙏

GG

Happy Birthday, GG, and congratulations on your recovery. I’m so happy for you. Have yourself an awesome birthday celebration!🎂🎉

Hugs,

Sandy

So happy for you GG! Happy Birthday!!

It is so empowering to see a fellow traveler heal!

I am so happy for you that you are out living life!!

Your post makes my day!

Hugs  :smitten:

- Fortitude

GG,

So happy to hear you're doing as well as you are. Good to know gone are those days of the terrible jaw pain and headaches for you. And that nasty benzo flu. So great to be able to eat all the things you love again. This is very encouraging. Wishing you all the best. Hugs!

LiveLife

GG:  I am so, so happy for you!!!  No more headaches.  No more benzo flu.  No more jaw pain.  You have run the race well.    Happy Belated Birthday!