Author Topic: My B12 is low, is supplements safe?  (Read 543 times)

[Buddie]

My B12 is low, is supplements safe?
« on: May 05, 2022, 06:32:35 am »
Hi,

I just had my blood work done, and my B12 is apperantly way to low. My GP wants me to take supplements!

Is it safe to take B12 vitamin supplements while in withdrawal? Have heard some people react to it
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: My B12 is low, is supplements safe?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 08:43:04 am »
There's another buddy who recorded their experience with supplementing B12, you may want to have a look and/or ask them

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=260962.0
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 04:20:47 am »
Why not eat red meat, fish and dairy products?. Synthetic B12 is not a nutrient.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 06:02:48 pm »
If your B12 is very low, maybe it is better to try supplements to have a faster result. I took Natural Factors B12 from this website and didn't face any issues. In case you worry, you can start with changing your nutrition. If you do another blood test in a month, for example, and don't see good results, then you will know that only supplements can help you.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 03:08:52 pm by [Buddie] »