Author Topic: No one replied :(- tips for adrenalin surges/autonomic storms? much appreciated  (Read 354 times)

[Buddie]

I get awful nerve pain, numbeness, lose concentration, going into despair etc  (thoughts spiral out of control and get frustrated that can't control them)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

How long have you been holding your taper?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

so I've been told to space out doses to 8 hours each before can go work on taper. been at this dose for 4 months.

[Buddie]

Who has been managing your taper?  Do you feel its time to get off the drug so you can work your way towards recovery?

[Buddie]

my psychiatrist has never had someone like me with so many symptoms on such a low dose so has had to wait for a consultant psychiatrist who speciliseds in drug addiction.

[Buddie]

Obviously your psychiatrist knows nothing of benzos , other than prescribing them. Do you want to reinstate? If not maybe it's withdrawal symptoms and not addiction. I knew 2 weeks after CT I would never take this poison again.
Nothing angers me nor than Doctors who insist my withdrawal was over in 6 to 8 weeks. Fight the good fight buddy. You are bigger than any benzo . Fear and doubt are our biggest enemy.  [...]

[Buddie]

I did get help from a prescription,  Atenolol .Helped with my heart rate.  And a mild calming effect.

[Buddie]

It's a Bata blocker

[Buddie]

GTF Chromium has helped me with the adrenalin surges, pretty much stopped them. 200 mg in early evening, another 200 mg at bedtime.

[Buddie]

If I get adrenaline surges during the night eating something high in potassium or magnesium helps me. Like a banana and coconut water. Especially coconut water has helped me with my adrenaline surges. Eating something overall helps relieve my stress reaction. I spray magnesium oil also on my legs and use weighted blanket to calm me down. Also deep breathing helps a bit.

Walking helps with stress.