Bad Church Experience

[Pu...]

I just got back from church and it didn't go too well. I feel really anxious and on edge around people and unfamiliar environments and had a really hard time trying to pretend that I was fine. I feel like the church members didn't want me there as though I made them feel uncomfortable. I feared this would happen which is why I hesitated to go in the first place. I honestly don't know what to do at this point. I was hoping church could be a place I could go to feel safe and worship God. Maybe it's just one bad experience but man I feel depressed and just really low right now.

Hello,

I am so sorry you felt uncomfortable at Church but do not let that deter you from going. Maybe you could try visiting a different one and see how that goes. I pray you will find a place where you can worship God and also feel the love from others as well. Also you can PM me any time if you need encouragement. I am praying for healing during your journey! :thumbsup:

Be Blessed

PG

• 1 month later...

I want to echo the post above.

Maybe sometimes feeling like you SHOULD feel a certain way is what might get in the way?

Also fear is what sometimes leads us to believe thoughts that may not necessarily be true for instance how the church members are feeling towards you.

Just trying to help. 💙

Puppermint patty,

I'm so sorry you felt like that. I've been there.  I feel like some churches are so fake.

I decided to become Catholic. I've found so much peace in the catholic church. People are so much more accepting. It was the best decision I've ever made.

I'm not trying to shove my religion down your throat.  I just want to let you know what worked for me. It might be totally different for you.

I hope you find a church you feel comfortable in.