from 60 to 45 mg successfully .. how am I gonna do the rest ?

[pr...]

Hi everyone and thank you for everything .

It seems like the 10 % method is working for me since I went from 60 to 45 mg successfully from by benzo by cutting 5mg ( half a pill ) each time for three times .

The thing is I don't know how to to the rest since the net step will be taking off 4.5 mg . How to do that ? Do I need to titrate ?

Congratulations for reducing your dose of Lysanxia/prazepam from 60 to 45mg!

Per our Titration: FAQs, in the context of benzodiazepine discontinuation, we define titration as making ‘small enough’ reductions in dose on a ‘gradual enough’ schedule to keep withdrawal symptoms tolerable … so you are already titrating. :)

What is your daily dosing schedule (how many milligrams of drug do you take at what times)?

Have you researched what other dosage forms of Lysanxia/prazepam are available in your country? For example, lower dose tablets or capsules? An oral solution or suspension?

Edit: updated with benzo-specific questions

Congratulations for reducing your dose of Lysanxia/prazepam from 60 to 45mg!

Per our Titration: FAQs, in the context of benzodiazepine discontinuation, we define titration as making ‘small enough’ reductions in dose on a ‘gradual enough’ schedule to keep withdrawal symptoms tolerable … so you are already titrating. :)

What is your daily dosing schedule (how many milligrams of drug do you take at what times)?

Have you researched what other dosage forms of Lysanxia/prazepam are available in your country? For example, lower dose tablets or capsules? An oral solution or suspension?

Edit: updated with benzo-specific questions

Thank you for your reply and clarification .

I'm taking 20 mg in the morning .. 20 mg at midday and 5 mg at night .

The pills that i'm prescribed come as 10 mg each pill .. they can be cut by half ( 5 mg ) but I don't think there are other forms of lower doses or even oral ones .

You are welcome. Thank you for letting us know your daily dosing schedule.  That’s key information for taper planning and implementation.  Indeed, I encourage you to add this information to your signature so other members can find it easily.

Re: alternative dosage forms …

According to a Pfizer monograph I located online, prazepam is available as 10- and 20-mg tablets, 16.5-mg 'drops' and 5-, 10- and 20- mg capsules.  However, not all of these forms may be available in your country.

To discover what forms are available, I suggest you locate the website of whatever agency in your country regulates drugs.  For example, in the US it’s the FDA (Federal Drug Agency); in Australia it’s the TGA (Therapeutic Goods Agency).  Your country’s drug website should have a searchable database of all the dosage forms of prazepam available.

Or you could try asking your pharmacist. (A word of caution — in the US, members have discovered that pharmacists are not always aware of all dosage forms available; they only know what their particular pharmacy stocks.)

Is compounding an option?