Final Taper/Stop Of Use

[JE...]

I recently watched a video talking about a final taper and withdrawal. This person's theory is that when you have gotten to a comfortable low dose to jump from that you stop at that point and only take your very low dose when your brain and withdrawal symptoms tug at you. You may get these symptoms after say 48 hours but continue the withdrawal until you get to a point when ten days have passed and you don't get those symptoms anymore. By that point your brain will not crave the GABA and your withdrawal will be successful.

Any thoughts?

Here is the description for the above referenced October 2019 video titled ‘Here's Why Your BENZO Taper Failed! A Must Watch!’

Here's Why Your BENZO Taper Failed! A Must Watch!

I keep hearing the same old lame argument that a fast taper never ends in success and that's [expletive deleted]! I've heard from people who have done 6 month tapers, 1 year tapers who when they walked away, they still felt horrible.

The reason you still feel horrible is not because you did not do the taper long enough. The truth is you got two things WRONG:

#1- You cut by too much. I've talked to people who say they cut by as much as 0.5mg which is way too much, or by 0.25mg which is still way too much. YOU NEED TO CUT BY 0.125MG WHICH IS THE SAME AS 125 MICRO GRAMS OF XANAX. If you cut by that dose every time you cut (which can be as often as 5 to 7 to 10 days or even 14 days, your taper will go smoothly.

#2- When you finished your taper and walked away, you did so still addicted to your benzo. Most people who walk away, walk away at a dose of 0.25mg or by 0.125mg, both of which is still too much to walk away from.

If you taper by only 0.125mg every 5 to 7 to 10 to 14 days, your taper will work and you will never feel the decrease in dose.

Every time you taper, do it by 0.125mg.

When you are down to only 0.125mg and you are finished with that, you cannot stop taking your benzo! The next step is to take a razor blade and split that 0.125mg tablet in two. You now have even more of a micro dose. That dose is 0.0625 micro grams wor 62.5 micro grams. You only take this dose when you crave. You never take it anymore than that. At this stage, you are almsot addiction free, but your GABA RECEPTORS are still expecting a minute dose of benzo. Take that 0.625MCG dose of benzo ONLY WHEN YOU CRAVE! Your craving's by now should only be around every 36-48 hours. Then when you crave, you dose. After that, you go another 36-48 hours until your next craving. You dose again. By now, you are almost done, but you still may have another micro craving which will come about 72 hours after your last dose. You dose again and then wait...If you go 3 -4 or 5 days without craving ever again, CONGRATULATIONS! You are done and you will walk away feeling great. If you do require another dose, don't and I mean don't ignore it! Satisfy it and wait again. If you need no more, you are done. If you do, satisfy those Benzo receptors. However, by 10 days, you should have no more craving. And the reason for that is that Xanax only has an 11 hour half-life which means you excreted all of it hours or days ago. Another reason is you micro dosed which allowed your brain and body to adapt quickly. And the final reason is that you TOTALLY GAVE YOUR GABA RECPTORS EVERY BIT OF BENZO'S IT NEEDED UNTIL IT WAS FULLY WEANED!

Yes folks, it's really that simple. There is no rocket science involved. The [expletive deleted] of taking 6 moths to a year or more to taper is just [expletive deleted] It has nothing to do with metabolism. It's all about micro dosing and then micro dosing even smaller until the benzo receptors have been fully satisfied.

Edit: Added quote marks

[d6...]
Does this video only pertain to Xanax - I think with longer half lives this wouldn’t work too well

The speaker relates his Xanax experience but benzos with shorter half lives are usually harder to withdraw from.

Here is the description for the above referenced October 2019 video titled ‘Here's Why Your BENZO Taper Failed! A Must Watch!’

Here's Why Your BENZO Taper Failed! A Must Watch!

I keep hearing the same old lame argument that a fast taper never ends in success and that's [expletive deleted]! I've heard from people who have done 6 month tapers, 1 year tapers who when they walked away, they still felt horrible.

The reason you still feel horrible is not because you did not do the taper long enough. The truth is you got two things WRONG:

#1- You cut by too much. I've talked to people who say they cut by as much as 0.5mg which is way too much, or by 0.25mg which is still way too much. YOU NEED TO CUT BY 0.125MG WHICH IS THE SAME AS 125 MICRO GRAMS OF XANAX. If you cut by that dose every time you cut (which can be as often as 5 to 7 to 10 days or even 14 days, your taper will go smoothly.

#2- When you finished your taper and walked away, you did so still addicted to your benzo. Most people who walk away, walk away at a dose of 0.25mg or by 0.125mg, both of which is still too much to walk away from.

If you taper by only 0.125mg every 5 to 7 to 10 to 14 days, your taper will work and you will never feel the decrease in dose.

Every time you taper, do it by 0.125mg.

When you are down to only 0.125mg and you are finished with that, you cannot stop taking your benzo! The next step is to take a razor blade and split that 0.125mg tablet in two. You now have even more of a micro dose. That dose is 0.0625 micro grams wor 62.5 micro grams. You only take this dose when you crave. You never take it anymore than that. At this stage, you are almsot addiction free, but your GABA RECEPTORS are still expecting a minute dose of benzo. Take that 0.625MCG dose of benzo ONLY WHEN YOU CRAVE! Your craving's by now should only be around every 36-48 hours. Then when you crave, you dose. After that, you go another 36-48 hours until your next craving. You dose again. By now, you are almost done, but you still may have another micro craving which will come about 72 hours after your last dose. You dose again and then wait...If you go 3 -4 or 5 days without craving ever again, CONGRATULATIONS! You are done and you will walk away feeling great. If you do require another dose, don't and I mean don't ignore it! Satisfy it and wait again. If you need no more, you are done. If you do, satisfy those Benzo receptors. However, by 10 days, you should have no more craving. And the reason for that is that Xanax only has an 11 hour half-life which means you excreted all of it hours or days ago. Another reason is you micro dosed which allowed your brain and body to adapt quickly. And the final reason is that you TOTALLY GAVE YOUR GABA RECPTORS EVERY BIT OF BENZO'S IT NEEDED UNTIL IT WAS FULLY WEANED!

Yes folks, it's really that simple. There is no rocket science involved. The [expletive deleted] of taking 6 moths to a year or more to taper is just [expletive deleted] It has nothing to do with metabolism. It's all about micro dosing and then micro dosing even smaller until the benzo receptors have been fully satisfied.

Edit: Added quote marks

Thanks Libertas for providing the text version much appreciated

Curious Libertas, you do a lot of research I’d be interested in your perspective on this video

Joeb

You’re welcome, Joeb.  I’d want to know more about this individual’s medication history and post-discontinuation experience before commenting.  However, we do know that some individuals are able to discontinue benzodiazepines relatively quickly without major issues.

Based on his narrative he was on benzos for twenty years and I believe it was mainly on Xanax. It appears he tried long dated tapering but he found doing this way finally worked.

Has anyone done this type of taper/discontinuation with Klonopin. I'm at below .10mg now but find it hard to taper lower and diacontinue.

I may have other issues affecting my central nervous system

that so far several tests have not been able to identify. Having sensory motor OCD also complicates my condition.

I'm will be seeing a top notch Neuro Psychiatrist in my area to help identify problems with my Klonopin use as well as addressing my central nervous sensitivity and my OCD.

Interesting article.  I tapered to a VERY low dose of Clonazepam but had symptoms for about another year after stopping.  I would have been too afraid to take any amount again after finishing my taper.  I never craved it.  It seems people vary in the amount of time it takes them to heal for sure.