Crossover to V from X-Feel bad, only day 4

[wi...]

Today is only day four.  I feel full of symptoms most likely from cutting the X as at night.  It's scary like it was in the beginning of my taper from X..I guess I have to wait until the V builds up as I gradually increase the V and keep decreasing the X as per Ashton manual.

I feel pretty bad.  Someone tell me this is going to pass. 

I didn't do a crossover but I did have times during withdrawl that felt so difficult.  Are you taking any Valium at bedtime??  It would be helpful if you updated your signature so members will be better able to help you.

• 1 month later...

I didn't do a crossover but I did have times during withdrawl that felt so difficult.  Are you taking any Valium at bedtime??  It would be helpful if you updated your signature so members will be better able to help you.

I'm having a tough time right now. I kept waking up last night in fear. When I tried going back to sleep I'd have these disturbing floaters with my eyes closed. Eyes have been really dry during this taper. Today I'm tired, scared and have bouts of dizziness.

I understand the concept of windows and waves. I've had good days but the waves at my current dosage are making me terrified to go any lower. I keep hearing on Reddit that you should follow the Ashton Manual and crossing over to Valium is the only way. Crossing over to Valium has its own drawbacks, right?

From my understanding, not everyone will be able to cross over and they're side effects until you stabilize. Why didn't you cross over to Valium?

• 2 weeks later...
V is still painful to taper, but NOTHInG like Xanax.  And yes, you feel horrible in the first few months (for me anyway) very sedated, depressed.  I feel fortunate to have a doctor who listened to me about meting a 26 year prescribed xanax user who was not going t make it without switching to  Valium.  The xanax half life is so short.  Keeps you coming back for more..hurrah bigpharma marketing.

Widesky,

Same for me, I would never have been able to taper from Xanax and I take the XR!  I really don't know how much different it truly is.  There are only a handful of people who take it or shall I say been poisoned by it that I have ran across.

I applaud those brave souls who have tapered from Xanax!  They are stronger then me! 

Anyway, I'm glad your taper and crossover are going better for you.  Are you completely crossed over to Valium now? Or still taking Xanax?  How much are you taking and how fast are you tapering?

It will get better, just not in a nice neat linear way.  Waves and windows may come, but each day you taper and do not go backwards is a day you must honor yourself, be kind to yourself. I was in your shoes, long time X user, crossed to V. Still in the quagmire some weeks, but oh how wonderful those windows feel. :smitten: