Zero night

[Ac...]

I just had my first zero night since January.  I'm no stranger to these, and I'd like to put on a brave face, but I'm coming off a month long window with 8 hour sitting through the nights.

I feel crummy, like my body got hit with hammers, and I'm really scared.  A lot of my previous insomnia buddies have moved on or are taking breaks and I'm lonely.

I’m so sorry you’re having a setback. I have had many zero nights so I know exactly what you’re going thru. I too feel lonely with this. Hopefully you turn around real soon and start getting those 8 hour nights back. I know I’m looking forward to getting some sleep back someday.

I’m so sorry you’re having a setback. I have had many zero nights so I know exactly what you’re going thru. I too feel lonely with this. Hopefully you turn around real soon and start getting those 8 hour nights back. I know I’m looking forward to getting some sleep back someday.

The nights like that stretch on forever- family and friends all asleep, only like 10 people logged in here, etc.  I can't even watch a show or anything pleasant bc of the akathesia and chemical anxiety.  I just write and suffer.

You may feel that you got zero sleep but most likely you micro slept.  Did the night feel as long as the time that you spent in bed?  Try not to worry about not sleeping - your body will make sure that you get enough.  Waves are tough but unfortunately, they are part of the healing process.  Hang in there buddy!

I am so sorry Accidentaldependent - those long nights really stink.  Try not to sleep/nap at all today and hopefully by bedtime you will be so exhausted you will sleep well tonight. 

I am so sorry Accidentaldependent - those long nights really stink.  Try not to sleep/nap at all today and hopefully by bedtime you will be so exhausted you will sleep well tonight.

Thanks!  You're right, 2 zero nights together for me are rare, thankfully, so I'm hoping I crash later, even if it's to get 4-5 hours.  I'll take it. 

You may feel that you got zero sleep but most likely you micro slept.  Did the night feel as long as the time that you spent in bed?  Try not to worry about not sleeping - your body will make sure that you get enough.  Waves are tough but unfortunately, they are part of the healing process.  Hang in there buddy!

It's totally possible I micro slept.  Around 3 am I took a hot shower and was fairly relaxed after that and may have dozed off for 10-20 minutes.  I think a few other times I was nodding, but nothing measurable other than the 10-20.

I wish I could nap…. Oh just to be able to take an afternoon nap again will be absolute bliss. When this over I/we will probably never take sleep for granted again.

I wish I could nap…. Oh just to be able to take an afternoon nap again will be absolute bliss. When this over I/we will probably never take sleep for granted again.

Haha, yeah napping would be impossible for me right now.  I did nap during my window the last month.  Honestly I never did take sleep for granted nor the simple feeling of calmness.  The whole month I had the window I enjoyed every second. 

I can’t wait for my first window. It sounds like it will be heaven.

I had a really nice window yesterday. Just hit a way waking up this morning. Mornings are the worst for me. But the windows are nice and overall it does get better with time.

I had a really nice window yesterday. Just hit a way waking up this morning. Mornings are the worst for me. But the windows are nice and overall it does get better with time.

Mornings are hard for many/most of us.  Glad yesterday was good for you!  Today is better than yesterday so far for me.

I hope you get one soon.  It does feel like heaven when it happens.  It's the little things- like in my last one I just sat on a park bench and realized I wasn't restless- I was comfortable just sitting.  Such a small thing that most people take for granted.