Inner restlessness akathesia

[Tu...]

Hi. I’m looking to speak to anyone who suffers from inner akathesia or has suffered from this what there experience has been.

I’ve suffered from this all through my taper with larazapam and now post taper at 6 months off. In February I took amoxicillin for ear infection and ciprodex ear drops and that set be back a lot. My akathesia got worse because of this. I notice my left foot wanting to move constantly. 

This week I notice my depression from the setback and some inner restlessness lessening 

I need reassurance that this will go away. I feel like I’m permanently damaged because I’ve had this inner restlessness for so long.

For the longest time I thought I was suffering from severe chemical anxiety but now I know it’s akathesia

My pattern is one mild day the next day severe physical and mental torture.  It’s been a pattern like this for many months.

Spoke to my doctor today and can’t tell me if I will get better from this.

Can someone respond and tell me it gets better? 

Tulip 🌷

Hey Tulip, hang in there... akathesia is the worse. I had it after my cold turkey. Took many of walks listening to pod cast trying to burn that inner energy up. I feel like the walks and meditation really helped with this. There were plenty of days were meditation just wasn't possible and I simply had to keep moving, unfortunately I'm sure you know what I mean. I think anything we can do to slow are brains down and practice achieving a "calm" state of mind can only help. In the end though, it takes time. To answer your question, does this go away? Yes, it did for me, just like the hundreds of other crazy symptoms I experienced. I recall thinking the same thing you said. Am I damaged beyond my bodies ability to repair itself? Tulip all of it has gone away, I live a totally normal, peaceful, and happy life. I will never take those three things for granted again. You will get better too, I know it's hard to believe, it's such an unfortunate slow process. Know,  that you will get better. In the mean time, concentrate on the now. If a walk/podcast will help, do it. If meditation will help, do it. If reading a book will help, do it. I guess my point is when we sit an stew and worry if we're ever gonna get better, it just makes the "now" worse. You will get better, accept that it's going to take time, but for now do what brings you relief now. I'm sorry your going threw a tough time. Hang in there!

I've had this earlier in my recovery and it stopped, yeah, it gets better.  As long as you're careful not to set it off again with more abx or other rx!

I've had this earlier in my recovery and it stopped, yeah, it gets better.  As long as you're careful not to set it off again with more abx or other rx!

Is there medication that helps akathesia and can that make it worse too

Tulip

Sorry you are dealing with the Akathisia, I have it too but I am still tapering.  It is the reason I am going so slow with my taper, but I never seem to stabilize... I do know that propranolol helps with the Akathisia. I tried it and it stopped the Akathisia but Unfortunately it causes me extreme shortness of breath. Sometimes I think the Akathisia is worse than the shortness of breath and I am so tempted to take it again, but I have also read that it can be very hard to get off of. Some people have a hard time getting off and others don't have any problems at all.. But it does stop the Akathisia, it did for me anyway...  Good Luck and hang in there!

Sorry you are dealing with the Akathisia, I have it too but I am still tapering.  It is the reason I am going so slow with my taper, but I never seem to stabilize... I do know that propranolol helps with the Akathisia. I tried it and it stopped the Akathisia but Unfortunately it causes me extreme shortness of breath. Sometimes I think the Akathisia is worse than the shortness of breath and I am so tempted to take it again, but I have also read that it can be very hard to get off of. Some people have a hard time getting off and others don't have any problems at all.. But it does stop the Akathisia, it did for me anyway...  Good Luck and hang in there!

I suffer from inner torture akathesia. Very severe at times. No need to pace but my feet are always moving mainly the left one in particular.

Also burning skin and negative thoughts 

This is pure torture. 

I also had it during my taper and didn’t know what I had. Thought it was just chemical anxiety. 

I get it one day severe next mild. Some I feel I’m permanently like this forever.

Hope your akathesia gets better after your taper is done

Tulip 🌷

Tulip

Benzos and beta blockers are the only known used treatment. I had it severely for a few weeks after going back on Prozac so I stopped it and it passed on its own. It sometimes shows up lightly sometimes but I’m hoping it’ll go away fully altogether eventually. I’m sorry you’re dealing with this, akathisia is the worst possible feeling someone can experience in my opinion.

Tulip

Benzos and beta blockers are the only known used treatment. I had it severely for a few weeks after going back on Prozac so I stopped it and it passed on its own. It sometimes shows up lightly sometimes but I’m hoping it’ll go away fully altogether eventually. I’m sorry you’re dealing with this, akathisia is the worst possible thing someone can experience in my opinion.

I would tend to agree, just from my own experience.  You can't do anything except move.  So uncomfortable.  Beta blockers don't work for me to get rid of it either- I've tried!

Today I have very severe inner restlessness. Trying to stay positive that this is only temporary and will go away. Looking for some reassurance. I’m in agony. Loosing hope  :'(

Greycloud you said the medication worked right away.?  Did you feel normal after one dose.

I tried 10mg and first 2 hrs akathesia went away but the inner restlessness torture didn’t. My brain felt calmer.  So if I keep taking

This will it work better as it builds in system

Can someone answer this question. 

Can inner restlessness akathesia

be a permanent symptom. Has someone had this for a very long time? How do I know I will heal from this. All my other symptoms seem a bit better but this doesn’t want to ever get better

Need help today

Tulip

• 7 months later...

How are you Tulip?

A lot of my symptoms have left me but im still suffering with inner akathisia and outer. Some says easier than others

Im no longer si and I can sleep 8 hours.

The burning in my body is still there but less intense than before.

Currently im on 500gabap and 30 mg of cymbalta. Will not taper anything else until my body is healed a lot more.

Thank you for asking.

How are you doing ?

Tulip 🌷

Good it’s better but sorry it’s not gone yet.

I also suffered a setback after doing so good for months and now deal with aka, worse than before. It really sucks. I get restless feeling in my body but do not pace. And inner vibrations. Honestly it’s the worst symptom ever. Mostly waves but get some windows here and there.

Yeah sounds to be a good decision to wait with tapering the rest.