Author Topic: Concurrent Pregabalin/Lyrica AND Clonazepam/Klonopin Taper Help!  (Read 433 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Concurrent Pregabalin/Lyrica AND Clonazepam/Klonopin Taper Help!
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2022, 03:12:01 am »
How are you now with the SSRI swap? Paxil is quite fast to reach its therapeutic effect compared to other SSRIs in my experience and its profile it's quite sedating too.

my dr didn't want to switch ssris before trying to stabilise me on lamotrigine first and then taper/reduce/eliminate the ssri slowly.  i was okay with this plan, so i'm going with it. she also strongly  advised against proceeding with the bzd taper at this point, but gave me the choice to do what i felt was appropriate. she said that she has seen far too many failed attempts whereby patients try to taper significantly quicker than advised and then hit a wall hard even if not presenting with symptoms up until that point. so right now, i've started on lamotrigine and have left everything else as is.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.