Author Topic: Health anxiety  (Read 234 times)

[Buddie]

Health anxiety
« on: April 27, 2022, 08:03:06 am »
Does anyone find that there health anxiety switches from one thing to another. As soon as the test result is negative or symptom goes it just switches to another.

I find it crippling
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Health anxiety
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 04:15:25 pm »
I had that. I thought at one time that my digestive system had shut down. I was eating but nothing was coming out. Once that cleared up I thought my heart was going to give out on me. It goes away eventually. Now if I could just start sleeping again I think I would be healed.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Health anxiety
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 06:54:02 pm »
Does anyone find that there health anxiety switches from one thing to another. As soon as the test result is negative or symptom goes it just switches to another.

I find it crippling

I actually believe that hypochondria is a WD symptom and you automatically believe that you have every disease in the book.  I had every test and scan that my insurance would allow and they all came back negative, but I still thought I had something.  Now, that I am healed, I don't have any symptoms or thoughts like that...You'll get there too one fine day!