Schedule for first time tapering

[Au...]

Hi all,

I desperately want to get off of klonopin, but want to make sure I pace myself appropriately. After just under 3 years of being on 1mg every night, I lowered my nightly dose to 0.875mg per night last weekend. This week I didn’t have any withdrawal symptoms, so I dropped to 0.75 last night and this morning was the first day I woke up with restless legs and high levels of anxiety. Is dropping .125mg every week too fast of a pace? Would a .125mg drop every two weeks be more appropriate? I read the Ashton manual and have tried to better educate myself today, but I don’t know much about the WD process given this is my first time trying and this is my first time posting on these boards. I understand that everyone is different, but I’m just trying to get a good idea of what would be a good pace moving forward.

I see you've gotten some feedback on another thread as to how rapidly you've tapered thus far and it looks like you do indeed need to slow down.  I know thinking about how long this is going to take is overwhelming but for now I feel we should just concentrate on today.

How about you start thinking about tapering as something that will be a part of your life hopefully allowing you to live your life as you do it?  When you think about how long the drug has had to change the way your brain works, it makes sense that the repairs may take just as long.  So instead of thinking about 10% every two weeks, how about recording your symptoms and their severity and using this to plan your reductions.  A true patient led, symptom based taper may be just the thing you need to keep you functional.