Feeling terrible about alcohol use and going downhill..

[ra...]

I've been drinking and ruining my life for a good 4 years and i m tired of it and I want to try naltrexone. I drank in my 20s and it was all fun than and good I was on an anti depressant that was working to. Past 4 years the hangovers now turned into withdrawal. I get terrible anxiety the day after drinking I freak out, I get depressed and the dpdr is much worse and its terrifying.... I tried to literally commit myself here in Calgary Alberta and the doctors didn't admit me..... All the detox beds are full I want the help but I'm not getting anywhere....I tried a bunch of SSRIs to deal with the deep depression I get when I'm sober but there not working.... Bit drinking alcohol is a disaster for me I start going downtown in risky neighborhoods and acting aloof and god its just not working.... Anyone? Anything? Losing hope

You should try a and stay with family.  I stayed with family and they helped me quit the pills and alcohol as 9 was drinking all day and all night for a month and a half when I quit benzos.  Still have anxiety, but it is better than when I was on the pills.

Asking for help is the first step in healing from alcoholism.  There is a huge network of AA and 12 step groups in Calgary.  Go to a meeting every day and find some friends that will support you to learn to live without alcohol.  Find a good counselor....  Let the healing begin...  :smitten: